You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Antifreeze leak front left side

hi bob,

i have gone through this same thing. there are only two things up there with antifreeze. one is the heater core that has heater hoses from the engine, the other is the aquahot. on mine, there is aquahot clear tubing that runs from side to side of the dash, but if it was leaking you would be able to tell it easier as it would be at your feet.

on mine, it was the heater core itself. if you take the top cover of the dash off, you can see the box with the heater core in it. it is black plastic. if you are lucky, it will be that the hoses are loose and you can try and tighten up the hose clamps. i was not so lucky. mine was the core itself.

i was also getting coolant seeping around the center console on the carpet after a while. and it used gallons of coolant.

to take the core out you have to remove the entire dash. i took the easy way out and capped off the hoses at the back valve manifold under the engine. if you are lucky, you can turn those valves off at the rear manifold, but i was not lucky there either as the packing leaked when closed. so i put a loop of hose at the valve and left them on.

my aquahot also has lines to the defroster, so that is all i ever would care about so i dont go where it is cold enough to need the dash heater. plus my aquahot has whisper heaters at the drivers and passenger ankles.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
Antifreeze leak front left side - by Bob Standeford - 10-07-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by encantotom - 10-07-2016, 09:41 AM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by RussWhite - 10-07-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by Bob Standeford - 10-07-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by encantotom - 10-07-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by RussWhite - 10-07-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by Trainer - 10-07-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: Antifreeze leak front left side - by encantotom - 10-07-2016, 02:53 PM