You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Auto transfer switch & battery bay

A busy weekend putting away the coach.

I installed an auto transfer switch and hooked up an inverter so we will always have 120v power.

The battery bay needed work as well, pulled out the trays, cleaned up the rust, patched the floor, and coated it with rubber undercoating.  Needed a new  shelf as well.

And, last, winterized, we're sure to see freezing temps soon.  ☹️

Scott

Edit: Added some pics, they wouldn't load from my phone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

Good work. I know what you mean about the weather. Today is in the low 90's and will be in the chilly 60's tonite

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Very nicely done, impressive.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Nice job Scott! Make sure you add those photos to you gallery too.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Yes, nice work Scott!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thanks,

I wasn't aware the ball bearing trays were just bolted in. I just assumed that in Newell fashion they were welded. I am inspired by
Scott to do the same..

Scott, what did you use on the rust clean up?

Nice work...

The trays were welded in.  I cut them out with a thin cutting disc on an angle grinder; they were good enough to just weld the front sides of the brackets so you can get to them.  
Cleaning up the rust was a mess; I scraped the big stuff out, vaccummed, and used stiff wire brush on the angle grinder for the rest.  
Glasses and a dust mask for sure; I had the shop vac running to suck up as much dust as possible - definitely do it outside if you are lucky enough to have indoor parking.

The silver paint is a zinc rich cold galvanize aerosol that I've had very good luck with as a primer and exterior paint.  I bolted the trays back in.

I tried loading these and other pics into my gallery but I keep getting an error...what am I screwing up?

Thanks

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

(10-24-2016, 06:53 PM)wepaddle4 Wrote:  The trays were welded in.  I cut them out with a thin cutting disc on an angle grinder; they were good enough to just weld the front sides of the brackets so you can get to them.  
Cleaning up the rust was a mess; I scraped the big stuff out, vaccummed, and used stiff wire brush on the angle grinder for the rest.  
Glasses and a dust mask for sure; I had the shop vac running to suck up as much dust as possible - definitely do it outside if you are lucky enough to have indoor parking.

The silver paint is a zinc rich cold galvanize aerosol that I've had very good luck with as a primer and exterior paint.  I bolted the trays back in.

I tried loading these and other pics into my gallery but I keep getting an error...what am I screwing up?

Thanks

Scott

I am also getting this:  Critical error

Destination directory albums/userpics/10854/ is not writable by the script! 

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

we will look into it

thanks

tom

Try it again. Scott has fixed if we believe

Tom