You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thermometer Circuit Board

Have a 2000 45' Newell #553.
I need to replace the circuit board for the Thermometer that measures the outside and tankage area temps. It is a 2 button (one that is on/off the other alternates between the outside temp and the tankage temp). It is located on the main control panel in the kitchen. I called Newell.....they said it was no longer manufactured but that PMI was the circuit board manufacturer. I went on line and cannot find information related to PMI thermometer circuit boards.

Does any one know where I can find this circuit board?
Or alternatives to obtain the referenced temps and have the indicator installed in the panel?

2000 Newell
Coach # 553

Could it be just the switch that is bad? If so could you maybe just replace that?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Mine is also not reading outside temps correctly.  It could be the selector switch since tankage reads fine.  PMI does not respond to phone or email and I've heard from others that they are not operating any longer.

Richard found a link to (i believe) the Wanderlodge board and the components that make up the thermistor.  While I was at the factory this week I also asked about the location of the wires but the answer isn't the same for all coaches, however, the wires are black and white and extend below the bays.  It is hard to spot since it is surrounded by urethane foam.  The link has escaped me just now but if you search this site's threads, you'll find it.

I think Dakota Digital produces an indoor/outdoor gauge that could be retrofitted.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...-7357.html

Here ya go.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

On my 2003 vintage coach, the tankage thermistor is located in the water bay and hangs down on the right side near the water inlet.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks Richard for the link.

I have used TelTek gauges in the past with great success.  Their site is: http://teltek.us/

It does require running new wire to the sensor but not too hard since the displays are usually over the galley allowing behind cabinet access to the under bays.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

(11-14-2016, 10:32 AM)folivier Wrote:  Could it be just the switch that is bad?  If so could you maybe just replace that?

No the push button for the temperature selector switch broke. And needs to be replaced.

2000 Newell
Coach # 553

Where is the sensor for outside temperature located on a 2000 ?
My tankage one reads ok but the  outside does not.....

MG

(11-16-2016, 07:39 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  On my 2003 vintage coach, the tankage thermistor is located in the water bay and hangs down on the right side near the water inlet.

Thanks for the response bikestuff. We met while at Newell the end of September. This web site has been very helpful. Thanks for the link to this site.
I need to replace the push button on the circuit board...it broke. One of the threads has a web site for a new gauge. I will do some more looking to see if I can locate a combination outside/water temp gauge.
Thanks again

2000 Newell
Coach # 553

That's a great question. Where is the OUTSIDE thermistor. I have looked and looked and I don't know. Has anyone found it?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )