You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1421 SOLD

#1421 has just be listed on RVTrader for $699,000 with 60,000 miles. The interior appears to have been redone since the last time it was advertised.
Quad slide, 650 HP Cummins ISX, Allision 6 speed.

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2011-New...-120265579

[Image: 5834558d1b6830451401383f.jpg?width=1024&...quality=70]

[Image: 5834563f7b06a46bcb3e5f9f.jpg?width=1024&...quality=70]

[Image: 583455ea332c99137c4a9e25.jpg?width=1024&...quality=70]

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The old bordello coach minus the nude lady sculpture and the camera facing the shower

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

And minus the red drapery accents.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I thought the Bordelo coach had a "tassel" paint job. A bit different floor plan as I remember.

No, this is the Bordelo coach because I drove it and made a low ball offer on it two years ago. Newell asked the estate to take the coach elsewhere do to their high asking price. The photos are too dark to fully appreciate the interior changes.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

d: Flock of Newell's

Front paint is different. Flock of Newells post was from 8-11-14. enter "bordello coach" in search to get there.

Speaking of high prices relating to Newell, I have noticed almost all their coaches are marked way higher than what the market is showing the same type (mileage, year, floor plan, equipment, etc) for sale. I realize there are coaches owned by Newell, as well as consignment coaches, and the used coach warranties can be an added cost to Newell to sell something that they have to fix later. However, I see a coach they want $699,000 for and the same year and mileage might be $450,000. Seems to make folks not want to bid against theirs if there are more aggressive sellers offering the same thing. I would love to hear some "expert" or "experienced" advice from anyone that has an opinion on the relative difference per year for used Newell coaches. I'm on my 4th coach, first Newell, and as soon as I pay off the bank I usually get antsy to move up to a newer and lower mile coach. That's where I'm at now but not sure what my trade vs the newer coaches should. I was told to stay away from '05 (which I now own) through early '08 (which is about what I can afford) due to some faults and problems from suppliers that brought coaches made during that time back to factory under warranty fixes. I have only been able to verify the clouded windows issue from Ce-gi that for sure was a problem (I have replace several of mine in 743). Any feedback would be appreciated. Ray

Ray Wiggins 2005 Newell #743

If buying from a dealer, ask what they would charge for the same level of warranty protection. If buying from an individual, ask yourself "what can I afford to warranty?". Also, "what could possibly go south in that time period?". If you do the math you will find the best fit for your individual situation.

Agree regarding the warranty protection. I feel comfortable with the big items, engine, tranny, genset, etc. My experience is that I ain't going to Miami (from Augusta, Ga) unless there's an item I can't handle (my nearby dealer has replaced all my slide seals, for instance, a job a lot of dealers won't touch and the afore mentioned window replacements). Re:
Prices on used coaches. RV trader has the #1421 ('11 60k miles) for sale at $699,000. #1295 and #1430 at Newell is $999,000 and $995,000 respectively. With $300,000 difference
why would I even start negotiating with Newell? Again, retail vs retail, or , wholesale vs wholesale, I would love some solid advice on the per year difference on Newells. From what I have been able to track it seems to be roughly, apples to apples, about $50,000 per year. Of course that spreads narrow greatly after you hit 10 or 12 years old.

Ray Wiggins 2005 Newell #743

I bought my current coach from Newell used. It was on consignment, Newell didn't own it. Between my trade in (2003 Newell) and the 2013 I purchased, there was wiggle room. A lot of it came down to what the owner would be willing to sell it for and whether they would accept my offer, (minus whatever Newells commission is.)

I bought my 03 from a private party, and it was priced below market. I had to dump a considerable amount of money into it. So I figured I could get a used private party seller sell at 25% less than Newell list price, which is within negotiation margin to me at Newells list put price. Bottom line, if there's a coach you like, make an offer. You never know how much price room is on a coach until you ask. Newell isn't going to price the same year coach with large varying prices because coach A might have more room in the price because the owner is willing to negotiate and coach B might not. Most other sellers of newells have one maybe two on their lot. Entirely different scenario.

I can tell you Newell stands behind the coachh warranty just like a new one, although I've had minimal issues with it. The 2 year warranty is solid. They also spent two and a half days with us checking out and running through all the systems with us and the service I've received since has been excellent.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff