You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interior Light Fixtures

We want to replace our wall lights in our bathroonm as well as the two reading lights in the bedroom over the bed. All of these are wall mounted lights. Can you guys suggest some online stores that have good selections to peruse??

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

there is a huge difference in quality between 12v fixtures. west marine that has an online store has alot. the marine fixtures tend to be higher quality than the RV ones in general. i bought matching (to the ones i have in the living area) 12v lights for the bedroom i am building and they were 130 bucks each....

on the other hand, it is more just a preference for what you like and how they look. not like they are going to get wore out.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(11-04-2012, 07:50 PM)Flick Wrote:  We want to replace our wall lights in our bathroonm as well as the two reading lights in the bedroom over the bed. All of these are wall mounted lights. Can you guys suggest some online stores that have good selections to peruse??

Todd....I bought 5 of these (Reading Lights)....installed two over the dinette, one over the couch, and two in the bedroom to replace existing ones....they put off good light. At $67 they are plastic (gold/brass color), but look quite nice. Tom has seen them.

Not sure what to recommend for the bathroom fixtures. I just replaced the automotive bulbs in ours with LED bayonet bulbs.

On another note, I finally converted the fluorescent fixture in the cabinet that houses our wine and high ball glasses to LED. It was as difficult as I thought it would be due to the cramped work area....had to lie on my back on the kitchen counter with my arms fully extended trying to wire it up. The red and black wires were quite short, and I could not pull anymore length out of the ceiling without taking the storage compartment above it apart. I was able to finally make the connections, and Elaine loves it. One more of the old fluorescent fixture to go in the bathroom over the sink and we are ALL Led inside except for the new ones I installed over the kitchen sink and the vanity a couple of years ago. Since neither of those is used a lot we may wait to convert them. They are both of the two tube variety and put off a lot of light when needed.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

The lights in my coach are brass colored, and i found an acceptable replacement reading light at Camping World. If you want, I can take a picture.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester that would be great thank you. I pulled out our couch this werkend and will get that upholstered with a new leather. We bought two captains chairs and have also bought a dinette set that will convert to a bed and also allow us more seating for our large family. So after Erniee walks me through reflooring the RV you guys should see a much updated rig next year at the rally.

Clarke were you using the same color LED's for your interior or did you mix any of them up? I knw you said Tom used cool white and liked those.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

(11-05-2012, 07:20 PM)Flick Wrote:  Chester that would be great thank you. I pulled out our couch this werkend and will get that upholstered with a new leather. We bought two captains chairs and have also bought a dinette set that will convert to a bed and also allow us more seating for our large family. So after Erniee walks me through reflooring the RV you guys should see a much updated rig next year at the rally.

Clarke were you using the same color LED's for your interior or did you mix any of them up? I knw you said Tom used cool white and liked those.

I used "warm" white in the bedroom, "cool" white in the fluorescent ceiling fixtures, and "bright" white in the bathroom, and wine glass case.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Finally go the last "old" fluorescent light fixture converted to LED in the bathroom. Put in 3 rows of "bright" white strip lights.....the end result is it is slightly brighter than the old fluorescent tube, and Elaine likes that. Just ordered a bunch more of the bayonet LED lights to finish off the balance of those vintage square light fixtures inside and out, then it's on to replacing all the marker/running lights with LED's. I've sourced those and will order them shortly.

Tom, are you still collecting the "guts" from the old fluorescent fixtures?

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Clarke,
I would like to get some "guts" for my smaller florescent Fixtures (not the overheads in the hallways). I don't need the Ballasts just the Bayonets. Let me know how much the shipping is and I can reimburse you.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I've got one set of the small bayonets, which I took out of the wine glass cabinet. I'll send it in a USPS small flat rate box to be sure it doesn't get crushed....should be around $5.50, but I'll confirm and let you know. What is your address again?

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Todd, I have attached a photo of the reading light I purchased at Camping World. I have installed this light in two motorhomes and I like it because it is bright enough to read by, but not too bright to bother those nearby.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica