You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Intec Rearcam Monitor

I am wanting to remove the old Intec monitor from the dash so I can install a new one in it's place.  I cannot seem to figure out how it is mounted and have no paperwork.  Not wanting to disrupt something under there, wondered if perhaps one of you may have been through this and can offer some clue.  

Also, Does anyone have a replacement that they recommend. Thnx   Pete

Cannot help you with removal. [on one coach,I just mounted new monitor over old one]
but these guys can tell you what is compatible and if you can use existing wiring etc.
http://www.rvcams.com/

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

The best I remember there is a u shaped bracket behind the panel
That the monitor is affixed to. You will have to gain access to the rear of the monitor

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I abandoned my old black/white rear camera and monitor and installed a Rear View Camera System, model RVS 770619N.  I used the existing wiring rather than try to run new cable from the back to the front.  The old cable has four wires and the new system only used three of them.  I had to do a little modification to fit the camera where the old one was located.  It is a color monitor and I installed it alongside my GPS overhead.  See photo attached.  I left the old monitor in place since it is very hard to get to and I did not like the monitor located almost on the floor.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

What I remember from removing mine is that it was a bit aggravating, but it surrendered in less than a couple of hours.
I had to get to some of the screws from under the dash - access was not easy, but with the driver's seat removed, it would have been a bit easier. . .  

I too went to rear view safety for a new rear camera and monitor - - -

http://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

if you have a speaker on the center console you can take it out and reach through the hole to the monitor. at least you can on mine

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Spliced into old intec cable and now image is fuzzy. Went to cut camera into plexiglass bubble and discovered it to be Glass. Replacing with new lexan disc. Wondering if old cable not being shielded is my problem. May have to get new cable and run fore and aft after all. This is fast becoming the "Other Woman" in my life.

You could always hook up the new cable to the monitor before you run it. That would tell you if the new cable will solve the problem.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Yes, Thanks. I did test it before I cut and spliced the cable ends to the old cable. It was clear.