You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1983 40 ft 6v92 73k miles $18.9k

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/rvs/5938014297.html

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I really like the paint job on that one. Nice looking coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The guy listing it, Jake, is the same person that listed the last one I inquired about ..... could be a broker ...or a scammer....
I sent him a message. I like it too.

MG

If you find the VIN it would be very helpful to me.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Love the paint job, and the interior looks wonderful! If the drive train is in good condition this is a killer deal!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I spoke with Jake several times and he is sending more pictures.
He is a private wholesaler and got it from a dealer in Mesa.
We talked some numbers in principle and I know it needs new rubber before I can take it home. It has 11R22.5's and I will need to find a place to get some in Phoenix. There is a spot where the clearcoat is peeling that will need to be repainted.
It has a 6v92 and he claims it has 73000 original miles. Got the VIN # and will do a VIN check to see its history.

If I get the address and info, can anybody in Phoenix take a look at it for me for a reasonable fee in the next 2 days and then I will buy a plane ticket ?

If it all checks out, I am debating if it is wise to come buy it and drive it to South Bend IN in the middle of the winter going through mountains ( I- 40) where some passes can be icy and even require mandatory tire chains....don't want to do that...about 1900 miles
As an alternative I can go south and take I-10, I-20 then I-44 through Oklahoma City...still 2000 miles but I don't know if this route still has issues in the winter.....anybody know better ?

Another option is to find a place to rent where I can plug the coach in for 3 months (20 amp should do to keep the batteries charged) and come again get it in March April and drive it home......
Does anybody know of a place that I can rent a spot in to accomplish that ?

Any advice Newell gurus ?

MG

(12-31-2016, 06:51 AM)VIN is 1N9805171D1011004 but comes up in Carfax or VINCHECk as not correct.I have the picture of the Arizona title with the number on it but I can not get any records on it......Wonder what is the problem.... Fulltiming Wrote:  If you find the VIN it would be very helpful to me.

MG

Thanks Marius. Check you email.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(01-01-2017, 03:40 PM)InfiLights Wrote:  
(12-31-2016, 06:51 AM)VIN is 1N9805171D1011004 but comes up in Carfax or VINCHECk as not correct.I have the picture of the Arizona title with the number on it but I can not get any records on it......Wonder what is the problem.... Fulltiming Wrote:  If you find the VIN it would be very helpful to me.

Did you find any more info on this VIN? Might go look at this unit tomorrow.

I notice that the ad has been"flagged for removal".

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com