You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide bushings

I checked this morning and my slide bushings are worn out or missing, but I also noticed that the lock has been dragging across the metal top and has made an indentation of about an eighth of an inch. I do not have the magnet system. Is it best to get the bushings from HWH or Newell?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

the bushings are like 16 bucks or something like that. it will be easier probably to get them from newell.

as for the dragging, is that because the locking pin is sticking down too low? mine dont come close to the top.

unless the aluminum is punctured there is nothing you need to do for the dent but you should figure out what caused it in case it gets worse.

just out of curiosity, how do you know for sure the pins are engaging when the slides are in?

thats my 2 cents worth.

tomhhhhhhh

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

"Is it best to get the bushings from HWH or Newell?"

Depends. If you want them quick get them from Newell--2 days $85.29. If you want them cheaper get them from HWH-3 weeks $68.19.

Also Chester you will probably need to clean out the holes. I used a small screwdriver. Then the bushings just press in with your finger.

You didn't say which lock is dragging, but if it is the front lock on the salon slide you can see that lock when the slide is in and can watch its operation. There is no position adjustment. If you need to replace a lock they are HWH part #91903 $485.30+shipping. They had to manufacture mine. Took about three weeks. Mine was leaking not dragging.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Tom and Steve. It is the front living room lock that is marking the metal. Tomorrow when I bring it in, I will check to be sure it is locking. I will order the bushings anyway.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

here is a picture of the bushings.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you blue in the bushings? If so, what glue did you use?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

hi chester. no glue. they just push in. push them in as far as you can so that they clear the frame as you pull the slide in. then let the locking pins finish pushing them in for you.

tom

Thanks Tom for the quick response. I installed all four flush with the top of the slides. No glue.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

This has been the quietest trip I have ever taken in my Newell. Replacing the bushings has been one of the best improvements I have made. Hard to believe that small rubber bushing can make such a difference!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

steve, really glad it worked that way. like i said, it made a huge difference in mine.

tom