You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

All Aboard America

Took our 1982 Newell over to All Aboard America in Mesa, AZ Thursday (January 12th) to have the drive train inspected and serviced.  Leo was our mechanic......Leo and Tom (our Tom) have become good friends over the years, and Leo really knows Detroit Diesel 2 strokes.  Had the oil changed, oil filter changed, fuel filters changed (I changed the tranny filter about 8,000 miles ago), replaced 23 gallons of coolant, inspected the brakes, steering gear, u joints, air bags, differential, lubed everything.  After that Leo got to work on figuring out why my 'Jake' brake stopped working.  He quickly found a wire had become disconnected and re-attached it, but wanted to keep the coach overnight to be sure that was the entire problem.  Very happy with the service, and being able to be right there while he did the work.  I learned a lot!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Did you take pictures of everything under the coach? Could be helpful when troubleshooting something.
Oh yeah, keep an eye out for the Fedex guy tomorrow.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have had nothing but good experiences with Leo. Planning on changing front air bags and service in March.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,

Do you have the front air bags? I ordered mine in October, and just heard today that it will be mid Feb before they are manufactured.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Waiting on my front bags as well for Feb 24th...got the rears 2 month ago, the fronts have been rescheduled to get in production 3 times already.....Nov 19, Dec 15, now Feb 24th.

MG

Picked up the Newell today.....Jake works again!  The solenoids were working but the Jakes were not engaging.  Turned out the oil tubes connecting both Jakes were leaking, therefore not pressurizing and activating.  Leo had to pull the valve covers off to take care of the leaks.  In retrospect I think only one Jake had been working all these years,  because now when the Jake engages it really slows down fast!  I only have a one stage Jake, so both sides are on,  or not.   So happy!

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I purchased my Newell from Buddy Rice, the Indy car winner. His home is Phoenix. Tom put me onto Leo and I had normal service work as well as a non-functional dash A/C taken care of before I headed back east.
So, I'll pile and say if you are close to Phoenix/Mesa - All Aboard America and Leo should be top of your list.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Looking for a recommendation for a good 2 stroke diesel mechanic in the Salem, OR area. My buddy owns a 1984 Wanderlodge with a 6v92.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB