You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally Points of Interest

You must see Mt. Rushmore while in the Hills. However, this is a very interesting tour as well. Once a year they let people walk to the top and onto the extended arm as well:

Crazyhorsememorial.org

For the bikers you can ride miles of trails that are absolutely beautiful. Our favorite stretch is the Dumont to Mystic Lake trail heads.

http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/...son-trail/.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Todd, what are your plans after the rally?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Probably back to Sioux Falls and work more than likely. We may take a scuba diving trip yet next summer as well so not sure we will stay longer than the rally. Why what are you thinking about?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

(11-07-2012, 07:04 AM)Flick Wrote:  Probably back to Sioux Falls and work more than likely. We may take a scuba diving trip yet next summer as well so not sure we will stay longer than the rally. Why what are you thinking about?

Nothing specific......was thinking of, with your permission, following you home for a few days before we head into Colorado.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Sure we would love that. Sioux Falls is a very nice community and we also have a great bike trail that follows our river around the city for 26 miles.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Thanks for the link to the trails. We'll bring the mountain tandem. You have to see this beast, it is the hummer of bicycles.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

hi todd,

what was the email to dr moffet about? was that a mistake that you pasted in?

tom in mesa, second day of passing kidney stones....

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Ya I am not quite sure how I managed to drop that in there. Gone now though.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Tom,
Get well soon!!!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

For those of you attending the rally next summer you may just need to decide if you want to stop by Newell, South Dakota and get some gear with the Newell name on it or just take a pic by the city sign. Did any of you know there was such a place?? They purport to be the sheep capital of the nation. That reminds me of a joke they tell out West River when making fun of their neighbors in Wyoming.
"The three biggest lies in Wyoming: 1. My pickup is paid for 2. I won this belt buckle in the rodeo... and last but not least 3. I was helping that sheep through the fence...it was not what you think you saw"Confused

Ok not too good but also not too Baaaaad (sound of a sheep)

http://www.cityofnewell.com/

Make plans to celebrate Labor Day in Newell, where dancing begins the festivities on Saturday evening, then on Sunday view an art, quilt, car & tractor show, band concert and tractor pull then stay over for Monday's celebration; parade, street sports and amateur rodeo featuring the National Championship Sheep Teepeeing Finals.

Because Newell is the Nation's Sheep Capitol, the Annual Ram Show & Sale is held the second week in September, watch 1,000's of head of sheep bought and sold in one day.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia