You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach movement

Seems a s though our coach is moving more then I would expect. We have an HWH air leveling system.
Once the coach is level how much movement in the coach should be expected during just normal activities such as rolling over on the coach or in bed, walking going down the steps and out the door, or even just walking through the coach.

2000 Newell
Coach # 553

My 93, non-slide coach, moves very little when I move around inside. I rarely notice it.

My suspicion is that when you move around while located in the slides the leverage due to your location relative to that of the airbags enables more movement, plus the lesser structure of the slides probably gives a bit more than the main coach structure.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I used to fret about that too! One thought is about the terrain that you find yourself parked on. If you pull in and then raise up the low end, you will have more air in your air springs and that could cause more movement. I think the normal process for the HWH system is to drop the high end and then as last resort raise the low end.

Why not try to lower all the way and raise the low end just enough to get level?

The places that I normally go are level, so I rarely even level the coach anymore....just park it, and put the slides out. I rarely notice the movement.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

We really don't notice it at all.  Course my wife and I are sort of light weights.  I usually leave my coach in travel mode if the spot is fairly level to begin with.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Do you notice the movement all the time, or are there certain terrain situations that cause it more than others? Do you manually level, or let the HWH computer do the leveling?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )