You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Parts For Emergencies

On my coach there is no need to carry ATF for filling the fuel filter. The primer pump located behind the fuel bay door does the job perfectly.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(02-28-2017, 03:04 PM)77newell Wrote:  As strange as it sounds ATF is a common fluid people report adding to their fuel tanks to improve engine performance. I doubt it helps, but given the number of people doing it there appears to be no harm either. I would go with whatever fluid is cheapest and not necessarily go with the synthetic most of us have in the tranny.

What about Marvel Mystery Oil as a fluid that could be used to fill a diesel fuel filter if needed?

Bob and Pam Stump
2008 Newell P2000i-Coach # 1247
Port Orchard Washington

I carry all hand tools spare filters , spare fluids ,even spare air comp and believe it or not my little miller mig! I guess bus conversions made me be prepared lol oh and of course internet!

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

I carry the tire changing tools so I have a choice. I had the road service guy come out & not have the right tools - since I did, he used them & I was on my way sooner.

Digital multimeter is one I forgot.

An I/R temp gun (& use it frequently to know what 'normal' is) comes in handy.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

All,
Thanks again for the replies to this post.

Reese