You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Unknown Switch

Does anyone know what this switch might be for? It's right above the radiator on the passenger side and next to a small locking door for the coolant reservoirs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very interesting. My coach is 11 after yours (281) and I don't have the door, the switch or what appears to be a warning light that show in your photo. I have no idea but it appears to be in the on position.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

If you open the door can you see where the wiring leads?

Given it's location, is it possible it is a sensor to check the coolant level? Clever, if that is what it is.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Check with Tommy or Creslie at Newell. 888-363-9355. They are both real good at that stuff from just coach # & year. If I had to guess, I would say burglar alarm system. But that is really just a WAG.

My guess would be: a switch to convert from us style trailer lights to euro-spec or it controlls an engine bay light.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(03-07-2017, 04:59 PM)Newell270 Wrote:  Does anyone know what this switch might be for? It's right above the radiator on the passenger side and next to a small locking door for the coolant reservoirs?
We had a 1990 and the switch is part of the heating system. I can't remember the name of the system, but there are two reservoirs behind the door by that switch. One feeds the front part of the heating system and the other feeds in the bedroom area. If you have no heat you can check those two little reservoirs by unscrewing the top and if they are low you take the tube that is in the picture insert into the reservoir, flip the switch and it pumps a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water from a larger reservoir that's located on the firewall in the engine compartment on the passenger side. Of course, you would have to had put that mixture in the larger reservoir for it to do that. My phone # is 913-220-9553 if you have questions you think I could answer.  Ed Perkins

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

(03-07-2017, 04:59 PM)Newell270 Wrote:  Does anyone know what this switch might be for? It's right above the radiator on the passenger side and next to a small locking door for the coolant reservoirs?

The name of the Heating System on the 1990 that we had was called Primus.  Tommy Key at Newell knows all about this system...he had to fly all over the country fixing them.  We just went to a distributor in Elkhart, IN and got ours fixed. Don't see any recent posts about this system on the internet.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

No wonder my coach doesn't have that. The original owner had a change order from Primus to standard propane furnaces so I don't have Primus. Great catch Ed.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Yes, it is to top off the Primus system from what looks like a windshield wiper reservoir in the engine compartment. 
Another mystery solved, three dozen too go.
Thank you