You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No air build up !

It is like zero here and I started up coach . Coach started with block heater but no air . Is there something I can do ? Or wait for warmth maybe wrap coach up with blanket lol . It stinks we r headed south in few days ! Thanx for help

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

Do you mean the engine air compressor isn't building up any pressure? There may be ice in the air lines. Let the engine run for a while to heat up the engine compartment and see if air pressure starts to build. Do you get any air pressure building with the 120 volt compressor?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

What do you have for an air dryer on your coach? Check the purge valve.
Mine came apart & it would not let the air pressure build.
Another thing to look for is the air pressure governor - it is between the compressor & the dryer.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

You could loosen carefully the line from the engine compressor to see if it is pumping, just cracking it will tell you what you need to know. If it is pumping, then either the dryer is dumping or you have a blockage somewhere. If it isn't pumping then the governor should be checked out. If the compressor has been operating fine the likelihood it choose this moment to completely die is small though possible. I would have to look at a manual for the governor to figure out how to test it.

If the dryer isn't dumping and the compressor is compressing, we then need to narrow our search for blockage. After the engine has run for a bit do any of the gauges show any pressure. If "no", then air is stopped somewhere between the inlet to the dryer and the inlet to the supply tank. I would then crack the line out of the dryer. This will tell you whether the blockage is upstream or downstream of the dryer discharge.

If one gauge doesn't come up then there is blockage in the supply to that one. I would then check out the valves, check or pressure protection, feed that sysrem.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thanks everyone for advice. I'm an idiot . Ask my wife lol. I found it right get away but have been away so I couldn't let you all know . What it was ... I filled oil reservoir and had lines open pumping air in to res ... well you guessed the comp just couldn't keep up ! All better now !!!! At least it was easy ....thanks again

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

Bruce: thanks for the followup, being human sure can be excruciating at times. You aren't an idiot unless just being human also means just being an idiot. I just try to stay human, which does include the capacity for occasionally forgetting what I'm doing in the midst of doing it. An crucial question I ask myself is: "what did I recently do that would have caused the problem I'm now experiencining"?

I'm glad it all came together for you.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Yes that is what my living is ( repair of machine shop ) I run the maint crew . Troubleshoot skills do help lol. And. What did I do week ago lol

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740