You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leaks

Last year I replaced all of the rear air bags and control valves.  Recently I replace the front air bags and one control valve, and stopped all under coach air leaks.  During 48 hours, the 110 volt compressor ran 1.8 hours in level mode with the system on automatic.  Assuming the compressor runs for 10 minutes each time, it runs about every 4.5 hours with two people living aboard.  It seems to me that I do not have any large air leaks, or should I expect something better.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

That is fantastic!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I left the coach sitting for 15 days unoccupied, but in level mode. Assuming the 110 volt compressor runs for 10 minutes every time it runs, the compressor ran every 9 hours. At least for now I am going to quit looking for any more leaks.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Chester,

How do you know how much your compressor is running? Do you have an hour meter on your compressor?

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Yes, I installed an hour meter on it.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

mine had one on it from newell

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I installed an hour meter on mine. My compressor is either very quiet or I am deaf.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I have been parked in Oregon for 18 days and living in the coach.  The 110 volt compressor ran every hour and forty-five minutes over the 18 day period with the coach in level mode.  I do not know what I should expect or what the standard should be, but is seems to me that I have most leaks under control.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Newell has told me that they recommend not searching for leaks if the compressor comes on less often then once every 45 minutes. Of course that would be at their hourly rate to search for them but certainly with the use of the air doors, once every 1.75 hrs means you don't have any major leaks. I know there are folks that have gone through their air systems and gotten the compressor cycling extended out to many hours excluding the air doors.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

i think you are doing fine with that. opening and closing the entry door takes a few psi each time. and toilets....

i think michael has said that newell specs it at once every 45min is ok.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH