You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Suburban furnace

Hi yall, just took my furnace apart and cleaned the burner etc. I sprayed some lubricant on the intake side of the fan to lube it up too. 
Ive had it running here for a while and its fluttering, kindof snuffing out and relighting itself. Thought maybe was just vapors from the lubricant but it doesn't seem to be improving. Any ideas what it could be without doing a bunch of searching the forums?
Much appreciate any input Big Grin

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Initial thoughts: sail switch? bad connections? low voltage? Does the fan speed seem to vary or just the flame? Any chance some carbon got down into the burner while you were cleaning it?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(04-15-2017, 02:28 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Initial thoughts: sail switch? bad connections? low voltage? Does the fan speed seem to vary or just the flame? Any chance some carbon got down into the burner while you were cleaning it?

It stays running, just sounds like someone is in the next room on a punching bag. No back fire just snuffs and relights itself right away.
I used a hacksaw blade to clean the burner then blew it all out. 
It almost like its starving for fuel. The other two furnaces are working fine. 
Possibly some carbon in the fuel feed to the burner?

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Might double check that the gas valve on the left front of the furnace is fully open. I have found it in a partially open position after removing and replacing mine.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com