You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rental as a business

Hi everyone! 
My wife and I are interested in buying a Newell, using it and also renting it out. My concern is damage to the beautiful cabinets! Does Newell have "attic stock" of the same material or are we on our own. Any advise, on rents that can be expected, how to get damage repaired, etc, would be Greatly appreciated.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how renting a costly and large Newell is worthwhile. Concern about cabinet damage would not be high on my worry list. I assume that most people who would rent a coach are not trained or experienced to handle a 45' heavy coach. Insurance would be out of sight.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I do hire out my Newell in Europe for motor race events. Have high end clients who just need a base during their race weekends.
The service i provide is bespoke to each driver but the basics are, I will deliver and set up the coach normally on the Wednesday prior to the event, i do a handover and then i collect on the Sunday evening.
I do not have anyone else drive,set up or set down the coach, its basically a high end mobile hotel thats set up ready to go.
I do not suffer any damage or abuse mainly because its one or maybe two people staying in the coach and they are there to work so the motorhome is just a base and a bed.
I would never consider self drive hire or hire to people for a holiday as i think thats asking for trouble and high wear rates.
As we know it takes time to understand a Newell and its fairly complex systems, easy once you know how it works but just imagine coming to it as a newbie with a hour or so to understand how it works. You would have to follow the coach picking up the broken pieces before they arrive and then be on standby to deal with the panic as they have not turned on the 120v compressor and the door won't open!! and thats just the start!!!!

There is a definite viable business for high end coach hire in the UK and Europe for the types of hire i spoke about above, Im not sure if its the same in the States but good luck and keep us informed!!
best of luck. Smile

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

(05-29-2017, 09:09 AM)rwg200 Wrote:  I do hire out my Newell in Europe for motor race events. Have high end clients who just need a base during their race weekends.
The service i provide is bespoke to each driver but the basics are, I will deliver and set up the coach normally on the Wednesday prior to the event, i do a handover and then i collect on the Sunday evening.
I do not have anyone else drive,set up or set down the coach, its basically a high end mobile hotel thats set up ready to go.
I do not suffer any damage or abuse mainly because its one or maybe two people staying in the coach and they are there to work so the motorhome is just a base and a bed.
I would never consider self drive hire or hire to people for a holiday as i think thats asking for trouble and high wear rates.
As we know it takes time to understand a Newell and its fairly complex systems, easy once you know how it works but just imagine coming to it as a newbie with a hour or so to understand how it works. You would have to follow the coach picking up the broken pieces before they arrive and then be on standby to deal with the panic as they have not turned on the 120v compressor and the door won't open!! and thats just the start!!!!

There is a definite viable business for high end coach hire in the UK and Europe for the types of hire i spoke about above, Im not sure if its the same in the States but good luck and keep us informed!!
best of luck. Smile

Thank you both. Here in Palm Springs, CA, there is a market for high end rentals. I've contacted a couple of exclusive rental companies that rent to the movie studios, music industry and the like or just folks that want a base to work from or enjoy a face weekend. They are starving for units to rent out. The average daily rent is $2000 per day with a $15,000 security deposit. For most, we would supply a driver that is familiar with the operation of the coach.

Allstarcoaches.com has a Newell on their rental program. I checked into it before purchasing my coach but to me it was prohibitively expense. I would rather put that $10k toward purchase, and did :-)

https://www.allstarcoaches.com/rv-rental...ell-2000i/

Picture below

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

We live in Destin, FL where the beach wedding business is huge. I thought a Newell for the Bridal party and/or elderly guests as a place to hang until the service begins would be a desirable service for the wedding businesses here. My wife nixed the idea due to wear and tear on the interior, plus cleanup. She specifically said hairspray would be a problem. A friend of mine in the wedding business just purchased a 5th wheel for this service so will be interesting to see how he does.

Also, I thought about a chauffeured Newell service where I would drive, setup, etc. and pull one of those Airstream van RV's for me to stay in while the renters stayed in the Newell. The van would also double as the toad. I will most likely never implement the idea, but it seems feasible at a high level to me.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

(05-29-2017, 05:43 PM)Land Yacht Wrote:  We live in Destin, FL where the beach wedding business is huge. I thought a Newell for the Bridal party and/or elderly guests as a place to hang until the service begins would be a desirable service for the wedding businesses here. My wife nixed the idea due to wear and tear on the interior, plus cleanup. She specifically said hairspray would be a problem. A friend of mine in the wedding business just purchased a 5th wheel for this service so will be interesting to see how he does.

Also, I thought about a chauffeured Newell service where I would drive, setup, etc. and pull one of those Airstream van RV's for me to stay in while the renters stayed in the Newell. The van would also double as the toad. I will most likely never implement the idea, but it seems feasible at a high level to me.
Appreciate the input Mike. I'll contact Allstar coaches and see what they charge.

I've looked at used Newell's and Prevost's. I'm leaning toward the Newell for the the following reasons- One, side entry. Less wind noise and you have the awning over the door, also, because I want to use the coach as our private coach and as a rental, there less dragging of suitcases through the salon, hence less damage. Second, the rear bath. This seems like such a no brainer to me. There is so much more room in the master bath and you don't see the bath or shower from the salon. And third, an island bed. Again, this is such a good idea. There's so much room on either side of the bed.
But, what has me stumped is the instrument/Tv cluster above the driver and passenger. It just cuts off so much of your view from inside the coach.

I guess I'll have to live with the restricted view. 

If anyone knows a seller of a 3 slide and an island bed, please let us know.

Jens and Kathleen Mueller