You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

solenoid valve isolator

Anyone know where there are schematics or plans for the 'solenoid valve isolator'?  I took pictures today at the rally of Richard's setup but I need to know which end pieces and what type of tubing to buy (from Amazon because I would spend all day at a hardware store finding it)...  
Richard, I am also very interested in the way you drain your tanks - could you share this with the group please?  I cannot climb under my coach safely where it is parked so your tubing to the rear with valves is a great idea!  Is it 3/8" DOT tubing? 

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian,

See @"rheavn" post on finding air leaks.

I simply screwed a 90 degree DOT fitting in the drain hole and ran 1/4 DOT tubing to a remote quarter turn valve.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i am still chasing a leak at my drivers side front air bag.  so today i made up a new test jig.  

on mine i wanted the ability to release air from the bag and to add air to the bag independently.

it has 2 ball valves and 2 air gauges.  

the ball valve pointing down goes to an air chuck that i can put a shop air hose on to add air to the bag myself.  it is normally off.  

the other valve is in between the two gauges.  on mine i put real long air lines so the test jig is where i can see it on the floor without climbing up behind the bumper.  

the right side goes to the six pack

the left side goes to the airbag (really to the ping tank, then the airbag)

i took the line off of the six pack that goes to the drivers front airbag, put the tube from the left side of my jig on that line and the tube from the right side of my jig to the six pack.  

to start up i leave the valve between the two gauges open so the system works normally.  i aired up to travel height.  then i shut the valve between the two gauges off, isolating the airbag from the sixpack.  

i then start keeping a log of air pressures on both sides.    the gauges are not exactly the same accuracy (they are about 3 psi different from each other)

what is interesting is that my airlines to the ping tank are 3/8", but the fitting on the six pack is 1/4" and then the hose from the ping tank to the airbag is like humongo.  

using shop air to inflate that one side through my jig it goes up and down very quickly.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It is going to very interesting to see leak down results tomorrow

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )