You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide out failure

Hi just after some advise if possible,
I have a 2008 coach, i was opening the rear passenger slide out, it started to judder so i released the button. i then went to press it again and no life from the motor, the slide is about 2 inches from fully extended.
Im now stuck with the slide not operational. The rest of the process works fine when i press the button, the seal deflates, it then vacuums, the bong then sounds but no action from the motor.
i have checked the glass fuses in the slide control panel and all seem ok, 
so my question is, are there any other fuses? where would they be? has anyone had this problem? is there a manual over ride to get the slide back in? where is the motor!!?
i live in the UK and the coach is currently parked in Hungary so any advise on how to get it back in would be very gratefully received!!
Thanks
Rob

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

(05-24-2017, 01:38 AM)rwg200 Wrote:  Hi just after some advise if possible,
I have a 2008 coach, i was opening the rear passenger slide out, it started to judder so i released the button. i then went to press it again and no life from the motor, the slide is about 2 inches from fully extended.
Im now stuck with the slide not operational. The rest of the process works fine when i press the button, the seal deflates, it then vacuums, the bong then sounds but no action from the motor.
i have checked the glass fuses in the slide control panel and all seem ok, 
so my question is, are there any other fuses? where would they be? has anyone had this problem? is there a manual over ride to get the slide back in? where is the motor!!?
i live in the UK and the coach is currently parked in Hungary so any advise on how to get it back in would be very gratefully received!!
Thanks
Rob

Call Newell 888 363 9355 and they will walk you through the override. Valid number is 250 804 1247

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

On my coach (with valid slides) there are fuses in the programmable logic controller (PLC). It is the computer looking thing in the basement. If I remember correctly, My fuses were located on a board that had to be removed from PLC to access them.

When I had bad bearing, I stayed on switch too long and blew a fuse... actually several before I figured it out. I would check fuses with ohmmeter to be sure.

Also, I have never heard of a motor going out. It sounds like power problem to me.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(05-24-2017, 06:47 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  On my coach (with valid slides) there are fuses in the programmable logic controller (PLC).  It is the computer looking thing in the basement. If I remember correctly,  My fuses were located on a board that had to be removed from PLC to access them.

When I had bad bearing, I stayed on switch too long and blew a fuse... actually several before I figured it out.   I would check fuses with ohmmeter to be sure.

Also, I have never heard of a motor going out.  It sounds like power problem to me.

Thanks for the advise, i will make a call!

(05-24-2017, 06:47 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  On my coach (with valid slides) there are fuses in the programmable logic controller (PLC).  It is the computer looking thing in the basement. If I remember correctly,  My fuses were located on a board that had to be removed from PLC to access them.

When I had bad bearing, I stayed on switch too long and blew a fuse... actually several before I figured it out.   I would check fuses with ohmmeter to be sure.

Also, I have never heard of a motor going out.  It sounds like power problem to me.

Thanks, that i think is my problem, the slide has been juddering slightly as if a bearing may be failing, on this occasion though it juddered very badly and i released the button and now there is no life from the motor,
I have found the slide control computer in the basement which seems to have 4 amp glass fuses for the slide and also for the floor, i have checked them and they seem ok, i need to confirm this with a multi meter,
Guess if they are ok its a call to Newell to see if there is a override procedure!
Thanks for the advise though, Smile

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

Another thing that will stop a slide from moving is the air pressure in the seals. Have someone try the retract function. Make sure that the seal is deflating. Sometimes, my slides will hesitate for a second or two....they will try to deflate some more and the slide will move once the system is happy with the slide seal pressure.

I guess my point is there are several things that will stop the slide....

1). Power to the controller
2). Power to slide motors (fuses)
3). Several external factors. Coach's emergency brake must be set. Trans not in gear. Bearing covers not retracted.

(My coach requires me to slide back the tops to the bedroom bearings. They are protected with micro switches that will halt slide travel if not in correct position)

Newell can help you diagnose using control pads.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(05-24-2017, 12:10 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Another thing that will stop a slide from moving is the air pressure in the seals.  Have someone try the retract function.  Make sure that the seal is deflating.  Sometimes, my slides will hesitate for a second or two....they will try to deflate some more and the slide will move once the system is happy with the slide seal pressure.

I guess my point is there are several things that will stop the slide....

1). Power to the controller
2). Power to slide motors (fuses)
3). Several external factors.  Coach's emergency brake must be set.  Trans not in gear.  Bearing covers not retracted.  

(My coach requires me to slide back the tops to the bedroom bearings.  They are protected with micro switches that will halt slide travel if not in correct position)

Newell can help you diagnose using control pads.
Thanks agin for the advise,
I have spoken to Newell and Valid now and they have said the same as you! Valid are fairly certain it will be the Glass fuse even though i think ive checked them, the next place to go is the slide junction box which works on 110volts but requires a 24 volt trigger from the control with inside the coach!
worst case its a case of removing the pin from the motor (where ever that is!!) and pushing the slide in!
The seals are deflating and vacuuming ok so its either a power supply problem, a limit switch or a blown motor, 
i don't think i have to remove any bearing covers as its never been something to do in the past, in fact i wouldn't even know where to look for them!
i will report back next week once i get back out there to have another go at it!
Cheers
rob

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218