You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hi Everyone!

Hi!

My name is Paul. My wife, Kelly, and I have been looking to graduate from our travel trailer to our first motorhome. After lots of research, we've pretty well set our sights on a Newell, likely in the 1998-2001 vintage. The bus-like construction, quality, detail and continued support from Newell are huge draws for us and typical motorhomes feel too much like our travel trailer -- pull that cupboard open too hard and the whole cabinet might fall down. I've been lurking for some time on the forums and felt it was high time to introduce myself. We're traveling this week to check out a few coaches that we've been watching. With any luck we'll come home with one!

We know we've got a lot to learn and a steep learning curve but we're both technically minded and up to the challenge. It's great to see a strong community of support available and I hope to be able to put forth some positive contributions down the road.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Hi Paul, Hi Kelly,

Jill and I are on our second Newell, coach 414, a 1996, 45 footer. Lovely, we just returned from a week traveling to Grand Canyon, Las Vegas & Newport Beach. Wonderful way to see the country. Good luck with your search & Welcome!

Kenny

Kenny & Jill Hinkes
1996 Coach 414
1994 Vogue Prima Vista 6v92
1996 Coach 426
N3076E Cessna 172

Good Hunting

You will prolly have questions when you are at the coaches. Don't be afraid to ask

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(05-29-2017, 12:20 PM)pestes Wrote:  Hi!

My name and Paul and my wife, Kelly, and I have been looking to graduate from our travel trailer to our first motorhome. After lots of research, we've pretty well set our sights on a Newell, likely in the 1998-2001 vintage. The bus-like construction, quality, detail and continued support from Newell are huge draws for us and typical motorhomes feel too much like our travel trailer -- pull that cupboard open too hard and the whole cabinet might fall down. I've been lurking for some time on the forums and felt it was high time to introduce myself. We're traveling this week to check out a few coaches that we've been watching. With any luck we'll come home with one!

We know we've got a lot to learn and a steep learning curve but we're both technically minded and up to the challenge. It's great to see a strong community of support available and I hope to be able to put forth some positive contributions down the road.

Hi Paul and Kelly and Welcome,
When you said you are living in Knoxville is that TN? I live NE of Knoxville in Jefferson City and if I can help with anything let me know. I have own Newell for the last 15 years, 89, 96. and now 04.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Hi Paul and Kelly,

My '99 is parked on the banks of lake Tellico near Vonore/Greenback. Happy to answer any questions you might have. I don't care what you buy, if it bounces down the road long enough you are going to have issues. If you are handy and look at those times as opportunities to learn about your coach you will be fine.

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Excellent advice !!!
We LOVE our '88 - even though we have had a couple of repairs, some minor, some major. I took it to a well known shop to have it checked over right after I got it. I've done all the work since.

Replacing a steering knuckle was not nearly as bad as it looked - big sockets required big torque . . . . . Having to get a bigger tools was a bonus !, I thought I had a good selection . . . . now I have a BIGGER selection.

Enjoy the search! We met the nicest people when we bought ours.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Thanks everyone. Ron, yep, Knoxville, TN. Russ, once we find a coach we plan on doing some local trips close to home in order to get used to things and work out the kinks. Tellico and Norris are both on our list so perhaps we'll run into you down there!

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Paul,

We are in Chattanooga until Thursday, and will be in Sevierville in October. You might want to think about visiting Ron, Russ, or another guru for a personal and insiders tour of a Newell coach before you get into serious evaluation of a potential buy. It's a lot easier to comprehend issues when I have a physical example in front of me.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Paul,

You certainly won't have to worry about cabinets falling down in a Newell! Lol. But I know what your talking about regarding cheap cabinetry as it's a place to save money and cut corners in trailers and coaches.

I really wish I'd have found this forum when I first bought my first Newell. It'll save you so much time and people are beyond helpful here.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff