You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lucky me

The amount of care and quality of tires run on the GURUS coaches is top notch. I have a set of Goodyear 24.5 that came on this classic. They look great, but have a 2012 date code. Getting to be time to replace, for my peace of mind.

I see so many semis on the road, often with each tire being a different brand, and with the exception of the steer tires, most are recaps. Along with being recaps, it is legal to re recap the tires when they run out of tread. Beyond that, these tires are run at high speed, heavy loads, driven over curbs etc. Yes we see trucks on the side of the road with tire problems, but not with the frequency of our tire issues. Miles run by rvs, and  frequency of tire issues is astounding. Tires are my biggest concern when we travel. i

The greatest difference with commercial buses and trucks vs. rvs and rv trailers is tire age due to low miles put on annually on the coaches. I can't help but think age is a major culprit, but in many cases of failure here has been on "young" tires. I am going to have this coach weighed on all  four corners for a starting point on air pressure, but I don't expect any surprises, as this 84 ha such a low gvw compaired with the new coaches.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Messages In This Thread
Lucky me - by Yachts - 06-06-2017, 07:11 PM
RE: Lucky me - by encantotom - 06-06-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: Lucky me - by Richard - 06-07-2017, 05:31 AM
RE: Lucky me - by 77newell - 06-07-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: Lucky me - by Guy - 06-07-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Lucky me - by Fulltiming - 06-07-2017, 03:54 PM