You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula

Traverse Bay RV Resort in Acme (Traverse City), Mi is a very nice park, great swimming pool area for the kids. 

Petoskey RV Resort, Petosky MI is a great rv park, much less pricey than Hearthside and a little more down-to-earth attitude. Also, if you like to ride bicycles,  it's located right across the street from a great bike trail that goes south to Charlevoix and north to Harbor Springs, both fantastic destinations and great little cities to visit. 

Tequanimum Falls State Park, Paradise, MI (in the U.P.) is a great, very popular state park.  The only Michigan state park with a brewery on site!  However, I'm not sure if it's very big-rig friendly.  You might want to check into that.

Highway 2, on the northern edge of Lake Michan is a very nice route, not much traffic, good roads, great scenery.

If you plan to travel much in the lower peninsula of Michigan on your route, let me know and I'll give you some suggestions for that as well.

(06-12-2017, 05:59 PM)bryguymi Wrote:  Traverse Bay RV Resort in Acme (Traverse City), Mi is a very nice park, great swimming pool area for the kids. 

Petoskey RV Resort, Petosky MI is a great rv park, much less pricey than Hearthside and a little more down-to-earth attitude. Also, if you like to ride bicycles,  it's located right across the street from a great bike trail that goes south to Charlevoix and north to Harbor Springs, both fantastic destinations and great little cities to visit. 

Tequanimum Falls State Park, Paradise, MI (in the U.P.) is a great, very popular state park.  The only Michigan state park with a brewery on site!  However, I'm not sure if it's very big-rig friendly.  You might want to check into that.

Highway 2, on the northern edge of Lake Michan is a very nice route, not much traffic, good roads, great scenery.

If you plan to travel much in the lower peninsula of Michigan on your route, let me know and I'll give you some suggestions for that as well.

Yes, Tahquamenon Falls State Park is big-rig friendly.

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Messages In This Thread
Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by Junior Guru - 06-12-2017, 04:39 PM
RE: Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by bryguymi - 06-12-2017, 05:59 PM
RE: Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by Junior Guru - 06-12-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by bryguymi - 06-13-2017, 05:11 AM
RE: Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by Junior Guru - 06-13-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by bryguymi - 06-13-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Wisconsin Dells & Upper Michigan Peninsula - by Junior Guru - 06-13-2017, 06:24 PM