You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Broken Driveshaft

Bob , It sounds like you have this issue well repaired. If you think you may need another option in addition to the e-brake here is something you may want to look into.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-lock-brake-...0806150230

The drive shaft on my 1978 Newell broke in downtown Jackson, Michigan at a traffic light one evening years ago. I'm sitting there "dead in the water" when this young man in a 1972 chevy half ton six cylinder stops to help. He says "I think I can pull you over to that parking lot" I have my doubts but he wanted to try. To my amazement and delight he was able to get the job done!!!
I hadn't owned that coach for long but I remembered seeing some parts wrapped up in a "gunny sack" in one of the bays. I found a complete replacement driveshaft!!!! I walked to a parts store and bought an "end wrench" set , raised the Newell on the big-foot leveling jacks and change the drive shaft!!
Later I took the broken shaft and had it rebuilt, wrapped it up in the "gunny sack" and placed it back in the "parts bay". As far as I know it is still there if the new owner ever needs it.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Messages In This Thread
Broken Driveshaft - by bobandpeni - 06-18-2017, 04:59 AM
RE: Broken Driveshaft - by HoosierDaddy - 06-18-2017, 05:31 AM
RE: Broken Driveshaft - by bobandpeni - 06-20-2017, 05:12 AM