You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor toilet issues

On our latest trip we experienced some issues with our toilet. The bowl will not hold water which I assume is a gasket issue and we now have no water to the toilet. After researching several posts on this site I am convinced the toilet has never operated as it should. My question is where should I start to correct these issues.

Bob, My 1993 has an air pressure regulator in the water bay just below the toilet. If I remember correctly you want 40-60 psi. Make sure you have adequate water and air pressure. Air pressure holds the flapper closed to prevent water leakage from the bowl. Push the flapper open by hand and clean the edge of the flapper and the bowl edge where they meet. apply petroleum jelly to that sealing surface. I have gotten parts and advice from these guys:

https://www.wabtec.com/business-units/mi.../microphor

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

as we were getting ready for our last trip our mid bath toilet wouldnt hold water. i did a poor mans fix on it. what happens is when the toilet sits for a long time with no use, the rubber seals on the flap start to dry up. i also noticed the flap itself on mine was partially cracked.

what is did to use it on the trip and it lasted for over 5 weeks was this.

first of all if it has been sitting for a long time, the flap can be stuck to the seal. so gently use your fingers and get it un stuck.

then i gently cleaned the seal as best as i could.

then i used teflon lube like you use on o rings for pool equipment and i lubed the seal up real good.

that made mine hold water.

i have had both of my toilets out of the coach. some removal tips.

1. determine if it is a rear or down discharge. the rear discharge one is the rear bath on mine. that is is the easiest to remove because you can take the water, air and poo discharge lines off and the toilet easily lifts off after taking the mounting lag screws out.

2. the mid bath on mine has a down discharge and newell glued a abs pipe on the toilet that is probably 12-18" long that goes through the floor and uses a rubber union to connect to the pipe that goes into the tank. you have to remove that in the bay below the toilet. then you have to lift that heavy toilet up high so that the pipe will clearn the floor.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

"we now have no water to the toilet"

Since the Michrophor toilet takes good water pressure AND around 45+ psi of air pressure to flush properly, this is where I would start.  Water comes directly from your water manifold and valve in your water bay.  The air comes off the 12V air pump regulator on the AquaHot bay.  Once I am getting proper water & air pressure, I would do the maintenance described in the manual.  Water not holding in the bowl, if you have verified that the flapper is completely closed, can be corrected by replacing the flapper face gasket.

Let us know what you find............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

MIke

On ours it was just as easy to replace the "chute" since we had to take the toilet apart

The chute includes the motor, flapper, etc in one piece

Mullaney & Associates  at edmullaney.com is the distributor for Microphor

Talk to Sue

866 840 4944

Yes, I couldn't remember her name..Sue is very helpful.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

So far we have avoided most of these issues with our electric Microphor.

Thanks for all the information. I do have 50 lbs of air and water pressure. From your replies I am certain this toilet may not have been working properly since we have owned it. I have left a message for Sue at Mullaney, so am anxiously awaiting her reply. I will report back with our findings.

Bob
Can you describe what it is doing?

Have you disassembled the sequencing valve and lubed it with a light silicone grease?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(07-03-2017, 01:55 PM)Richard Wrote:  Bob

Have you disassembled the sequencing valve and lubed it with a light silicone grease?

Have not done that. Does the top screw off of the valve to expose the orings?

(07-03-2017, 01:55 PM)Richard Wrote:  Bob

Sorry didn't describe problem. Have air pressure to valve but no water. Flapper is leaking but I am assuming it is a gasket issue.