You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Onan Quiet Diesel

Ok thanks for that, I kind of thought this was probably too small. I think I need to be at least in the 60 amp range. I do have an electric water heater, water pump and electric powered heaters. That would give me a little room on the total capacity needed. I guess the old Onan will have to do until I find the next unit. It still works ok, it's just too noisy. I may have to look into it a little to get by with it if needed. It saved my bacon and two other neighbors to keep our refrigerators going for a 4 day storm related power outage we had.

Who knew you could buy a Newell backup generator, maybe they should put it in their adds. Smile

"If you want a great generator that really stands out in a crowd. By a Newell, it's slightly larger but looks great in the driveway. Plus it's nearly impossible to steal!! "

South Haven is nice. My mother had a friend with a place near the lake " short walk down to the beach on the stairs". It was a nice central spot to meet. I miss it. The lake shore in that area is awesome.
My wife was down in Fort Wayne with some friends visiting their cottage over the weekend. Had a brief shopping trip to Shipshewana. Found some deals at Yoders she couldn't pass up.

Turned out to be a great weekend.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Messages In This Thread
Onan Quiet Diesel - by superbirds - 07-16-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: Onan Quiet Diesel - by HoosierDaddy - 07-17-2017, 04:32 AM
RE: Onan Quiet Diesel - by superbirds - 07-17-2017, 11:32 AM