You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

series 60 hydraulic fan came off of motor

hi gurus,

one of our own (not me) is on I40 east near clines corners nm  with the radiator cooling fan that has come off of the hydraulic motor.  

it appears the bolt holding the fan on became loose and the fan spun on the shaft obliterating the half moon shaft key and when the bolt finally came out the fan just came off into the shroud.

he is working on getting to santa rosa where there are a few truck repair places.  

question is this.  have any of you ever had to replace the fan or the center section of the fan where the shaft hole is and also the shaft on the motor?  if so do you have part numbers and or where to get it?  he is also calling newell, but for right now they are just telling him to get to a repair facility.  

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I had the hub crack last year and it obliterated the hydraulic coupler, radiator , and charge air cooler and took out all the hydraulics.. I can try and find my invoice but I'm afraid they will be newell part numbers not real ones..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(07-22-2017, 08:24 PM)Yachts Wrote:  I had the hub crack last year and it obliterated the hydraulic coupler, radiator , and charge air cooler and took out all the hydraulics.. I can try and find my invoice but I'm afraid they will be newell part numbers not real ones..

It looks to be just the blade assembly that needs replacement. Newell thought it was a Dayton part perhaps.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

Ok my hub and fan was around 400$ for the part.. check your radiator and charge air cooler very well..may radiator didn't leak but the fins were mangled in several places.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Ok, part number is:

Multi-Wing (A Crowley Company)
32/12/12/37.5/PAG/5ZL/.841X.156PPR/B

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO