You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Water Quality

They do not do a flush as part of PM. (At least they never have on mine). I am doing this process on an annual basis right now but may change that once I figure out how to test the water.

Here is the process that I use....First get new water filters. You will want to replace all the filters after the flush.

You have the two main water filters in the water bay, the particulate filter in the water bay and the refrigerator filter (at least).

I empty the water tank and use the top port to add two gallons of clorox using a funnel with a flexible tube attached. Then I fill rest of tank with fresh water. Open all the taps one at a time until you smell chlorine. Flush the toilet a couple of times. Let it sit like that for a couple of hours. Don't forget the hot water dispenser, refrigerator water dispenser and dishwasher.

Then open all the taps to run the chlorine water from the water tank into your waste tank. (Be sure to empty the waste tank before you do this). Fill the water tank with fresh water again and open all of the taps one at a time and let the fresh water flush out the chlorine. Don't forget to rinse out the dishwasher. I also dump the cubes in the freezer and run water through the door water dispenser.

Replace all the filters.

NOTE: I have had this process generate a lot of black sand like material. This clogged the inlet filter to the dishwasher. Not a big deal but was a pain to get to. I do not know if this is deterioration from the plumbing or some sort of biologic material...but either way it goes away after you rinse the system with fresh water.

Once the chlorine water has enjoyed a couple of hours in the waste tank, I dump it.

You should end up with a tank of fresh water and an empty waste tank.

Hope this helps.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Coach Water Quality - by bikestuff - 08-09-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by Fulltiming - 08-09-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by bikestuff - 08-09-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by Land Yacht - 08-09-2017, 07:59 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by Fulltiming - 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by HoosierDaddy - 08-09-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by Chester Stone - 08-09-2017, 06:18 PM
RE: Coach Water Quality - by bikestuff - 08-09-2017, 06:23 PM