You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Storing my Newell

Now that I have repaired and serviced everything I can think of, I am thinking about storing my coach under cover in Tucson for about 5 months. This will avoid driving it to and from my home in Mexico. My question: if I disconnect all of the battery cables, will there be problems with the inverter and any other electricals when I reconnect 5 months later?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I had my coach stored in Cottonwood, AZ for 6 months earlier this year. In the open, turned everything off including the 2 battery switches. But I did have solar panels so the batteries stayed charged.
I did have problems with seals drying out though. The kitchen faucet leaked, had to regrease all of the o-rings. The toilet fill valve leaked, had to replace it.
If possible you might want to grease anything with an o-ring, that low humidity is wicked.
Also it took a couple weeks for my leveling system to stop leaking, guess those o-rings were dry also.
Now it's back in Louisiana and I have the opposite problem, gotta watch for mold!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

chester,

i don't see why there would be any issues after disconnecting the batteries. the inverter should have a memory chip in it to store the settings and worst case is you have to reset it back up again.

i was trying to remember if you had the air door or not. if you do, of course you need to use the key to lock both sides of it since the air will run out while it is parked.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I store mine for 5 months in heated storage. All I do is make sure all batteries are charged up then shut them off with the main switches. It has started right up in the spring.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.