You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Toilet keeps running

My toilet keeps running with the flap open. After flushing several times it will close . It then sometimes will overflow . When the flap is open I can hear the air. Also sometimes the flap will open and water will not run until I turn on the sink or shower in the bath room.. I figure the sequencing valve is messed up and I know they can be rebuilt.. any ideas of how to do that?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc,

Certainly sounds like the sequencing valve.

Consider contacting AnnaMaria at Ed Mullaney dot com.

856-596-1299

I just got a completely rebuilt and tested sequencing valve from her for $200. I think the rebuild kit you have to do yourself is like $160. No brainer for me.

Russ

Oops - The $160 was for the valve body. Can't remember what the rebuild kit cost as my body was broken. Sorry, but still an option I think you will want to consider. R

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

First step if you are not in a hurry is disassemble, clean, and relube the sequence valve. First kill the aux air compressor and bleed off the supply air. Then turn off all water and open the faucet in the bath.
Reach under the white plastic support and loosen the two
Wing nuts that hold it to the toilet. Loosen the two black round tops on the top of the white plastic support. Pull the valves out of the recess as far as you can. Take pictures of
The assembley so you get the different colored lines back in the correct
Locations. Take the five lines loose and also the water line.

You should now have the sequence valve loose. Remove the bottom. Put an Allen wrench in the hole at the top and use an adjustable wrench to unscrew the white plunger at the bottom. The top will now unscrew allowing complete disassembly. Lube it up with silicone and reassemble

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

richard, could you please sing that to the tune of RUSH Tom Sawyer? that would help me visualize it alot better

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Appreciate everyone's help.. it ended up being that the air pressure regultor located in the aquahot bay had had gotten a little high. I turned it down a little and all works fine

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I hate to piggyback (but I am about to anyways) . . .

About how long should the flush cycle take from start to finish?

I have one toilet that is probably sub 10 seconds. And it ends up with not enough water to wash everything away.

My other toilet runs for almost an entire minute for the cycle! And of course at the end there is way too much water.

I plan on starting with lubricating the sequence valve but just wondering what sort of time I should be looking for...

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

paul, have a look at this

tom

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=508

Well, shoot, I went through that document several times and of course as soon as I opened it one more time I see it right in front of me:

"Is the flapper cycle time set correctly at 4-7 seconds?"

The way that's written makes it sound like you can actually set that cycle time somewhere. Yet there's no other place that they reference the cycle time.

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

there are two ways to adjust the water level. one is the actual water valve in the water bay. the timing of the flap is set with the nut on the top of that thingybob at the top.

tom

My '96 has a "cycle time adjustment" mounted on the same plastic bracket that holds the vacuum breaker and A/W sequencing valve. Inside the small brass hex is an even small hex adjusting screw to vary the bowl fill time.

I also have a manual from 2001 that shows a "blow off" device in place of the cycle adjustment. No adjustment with the blow off type fitting. If the cycle is too long the manual suggests the blow off port or line is plugged - not allowing air to escape fast enough. Conversely if the cycle is too short the air is escaping from a leak in the blow off valve or associated lines.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse