You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Transfer switch.

The transfer switch has reared its head again. It won't engage the generator side. When I have pushed it down manually I got a polarity light above the dash.. how can the generator be a bad polarity? Wonder if it won't engage because it sees a polarity issue .? Or may be it thinks there is an issue..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I got the reversed polarity signal when water got into my switch and fried its brain. Fixed it by replacing the switch.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Did it work on either side?

Marc Newman

When It was broken, I had to jam the contractors with toothpicks to get it to work. It did not want to work at all.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks Bill, update the shore side is working fine.. I called the manufacturer and they have helped trouble shoot a couple of things. There are 2 lights on the circuit board representing line 1 and line 2 they indicate power coming into the box before the switches.. so I have either have something  loose or my generstor is not putting out power. My 220 fan is running so I must be making power.. I am going to use a volt meter and see if I have a loose connection or sour power.

Marc Newman

Tech support at the manufacturer of the surge protector kept thinking I have a loose neutral. But w hen I manually engage the generator side of the transfer switch everything works fine. So it must be something in the solenoid or sensors that engage the switch. There are 2 lights that show if you have power in on leg 1 and 2. They light up on shore power, they do not on generator power. And since these lights take their power from before the transfer switch I think my board does not know there is power there.

Marc Newman

Replaced the switch.. everything immediately worked fine. Sending the oldswitch back to the manufacturer

Marc Newman

How many xfer switches is it so far?

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

(09-07-2017, 04:37 PM)bestgenman Wrote:  How many xfer switches is it so far?

I believe that's 5 .. I'm hoping new genset , inverter andand switch I've replaced all the possible issues.

Marc Newman

all of this was caused by the lightning strike?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH