You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air hose in engine compartment

Gregory,

I am at the factory and although I know nothing about the new coaches .... there are enough similarities that we may be able to figure it out. I went over to a 2018 coach for a look-see.

If you open the engine door on the passenger side, you can see the tube that supplies the hose reel. Follow that back and it goes into a compartment on the right side the compartment with a little door. Open the door and find on the left (rear of coach) wall inside that compartment is a label (Air Multiplier). That is the valve you are looking for. Turn the valve so that it is inline with the tubing. (perpendicular is off).

Since the coach only makes around 120 lbs of pressure and you need more than 120 lbs in the tires, the "doubler" or "air multiplier" takes two gulps of air and turns it into 200 or so lbs. (Since there are no free lunches, it does not supply much air at this pressure). So, expect to spend a long while airing up a tire using the doubler.

You can help the situation but putting the coach in "high idle" while you air up the tire...but expect it to be slow. You can verify that you are getting air by depressing the center of your air chuck with a screwdriver or such.

There is a regulator right by the valve, but you should not have to adjust that to get the doubler to work. Also, turn off the valve when you are done to minimize air leaks.

Hope this helps!
bill

Also, congratulations on the new coach!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Air hose in engine compartment - by Gregory - 09-03-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Air hose in engine compartment - by bikestuff - 09-03-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: Air hose in engine compartment - by Gregory - 09-04-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Air hose in engine compartment - by bikestuff - 09-04-2017, 08:08 AM
RE: Air hose in engine compartment - by Fulltiming - 09-04-2017, 08:47 AM
RE: Air hose in engine compartment - by Gregory - 09-10-2017, 09:02 AM