You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What am I getting myself into?

Hi all! 
My wife and I are looking to purchase a 2002 Quad slide Newell. Assuming that the current owners have maintained their Newell, what should I be on the look out when considering the purchase? 
The coach has 148k miles and they are the second owners.

Check for water leaks both from the roof/windows ,especially on the walls below the windows , and the plumbing
I recommend a trip to a truck garage for a thorough DOT inspection. This includes brakes etc. Have them pull engine oil, coolant and transmission fluid samples and have them analyzed.
Determine which appliances have been replaced. Most are engineered to last about 20 years.
Check dates on tires.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(10-01-2017, 04:16 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Check for water leaks  both from the roof/windows ,especially on the walls below the windows , and the plumbing
I recommend a trip to a truck garage for a thorough DOT inspection. This includes brakes etc. Have them pull engine oil, coolant and transmission fluid samples and have them analyzed.
Determine which appliances have been replaced. Most are engineered to last about 20 years.
Check dates on tires.

Good advise HD! Thank you.

Permit me to add that if the Newell you purchase needs lots of stuff replaced for several thousands of dollars to have the Newell ready to go, it will be a very much better coach than a new Winnie or Integra for the same money.

The Tiffin factory folks will only schedule work on a coach that is under warranty because they have so much warranty work they do not have time for non-warranty work.  I guess their new Tiffin is not ready to go yet.

I attended a Winnie Grand National Rally and talked to two owners of brand new Tours picked up just before the rally and had not left the factory yet.  Both said nothing on their coaches worked right.

I am not suggesting you blindly purchase a Newell but the one you settle on is worth the effort to make it yours in spades.

The 1999 two slide at MOT traded by QCJ is ready to go for only $139,000.  Chappell has maintained it extremely well.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area