You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1448 2012 No Longer Listed

Ed,
I too toured that coach in the last few weeks.  It looked like the common WilsonArt laminate that you see in most coaches.

If you are looking for "real wood" laminate, you are looking for something that is rare.  My coach has both "real wood" laminate and the WilsonArt laminate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

So which is which? The right or the left in the image of your rig?

I understand the wilsonart type high pressure laminate is a good product, that it is used in ships, etc. Do you have a link about the differences, for example? Thanks

Eric

In a similar vein, the even newer Newells really look like solid wood. Also matte, not just gloss finishes.

"So which is which? The right or the left in the image of your rig?"

WilsonArt on left--"real wood" laminate on right.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

So in the "real wood" laminates there is a layer of wood, like a veneer? Again I remember Mr Pitts at Newell listing several available exotic hardwoods.

And the price was around 50k extra. Which of course would be depreciated, but still available to the pre owned buyer.

This coach is priced at half the other 2012 models and is even less than the 2011 or 2010 models. 
Does anyone know the mileage?
Can the murphy bed just be left down, or does it interfere with putting the slide in?
After owning one, I'm not a big fan of 1 1/2 baths.  There is a finite amount of space in a coach and I just don't need the extra toilet.

Monaco Signature Chateau, ISX and Allison MH4000 (Looking/wishing for a Newell)

your comment about bath and a half really illustrates how all of us have different usage models and what we like and dont like. some love rear walk in closets, some dont. some like bath and half, and some dont. glad there are some of all of them for us to pick from

we have the bath and a half and love it for traveling. i made my cal king bed so big it touches the other side when the slide is in so it is nice to have a bathroom where i dont have to climb over a bed to use when we are not set up.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(01-15-2019, 04:43 PM)vito.a Wrote:  This coach is priced at half the other 2012 models and is even less than the 2011 or 2010 models. 
Does anyone know the mileage?
Can the murphy bed just be left down, or does it interfere with putting the slide in?
After owning one, I'm not a big fan of 1 1/2 baths.  There is a finite amount of space in a coach and I just don't need the extra toilet.

I believe this was back in 2017 that it was listed as having 58,000 miles. https://www.newellcoachsales.com/Pre-Own...ma-4864618

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks. Low milage but the 2017 ad says it's a 1 1/2 bath.

Monaco Signature Chateau, ISX and Allison MH4000 (Looking/wishing for a Newell)

That was obviously a typo since the floorplan shown in the same ad shows no 1/2 bath and the current ad confirms no half bath.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I love our walk-in closet! I don’t mind sharing a bath but we both wake at different times and I always defer to her so it’s not an issue but I can see where some would like having the second bath if the only alternative is to crawl over the bed to get to it when the slides are in... our’s is mid-bath so not a problem... maybe I should start a GoFundMe to upgrade... (or not)...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40