You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My interior remodel

Well, I've just had the coach for a couple of weeks and the family and I have been doing some interior remodel and removed the existing carpet. By removing the carpet we ended up
removing pretty much everything from within the coach (except one dinette booth that we couldn't remove without removing one of the furnaces completely).

It is still a work in progress but I wanted to post the change on the floor so far. We ended up using LVP and, except were the step cover is that it bends a little when you step on it, it looks perfect. I was thinking in removing the plywood that sits on top of the step cover and replace it with sheet rock but it is too heavy to do that, if it gets worst well replace the plywood with something else and see if it doesn't give up that much.

We'll start putting everything back inside as we have a small trip this weekend but we'll remove all seating again to re-upholster everything on a different color. We are really happy that we've removed the carpet.

Some of the pictures are from the before and some for the after (out of order). If you want to see a special part or section just ask.

and a few more pictures on this post (limited to 20 per post).

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Excellent !! Thanks for sharing pics. Is that an electric heater in the front on the floor?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(11-07-2017, 08:36 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Excellent !! Thanks for sharing pics. Is that an electric heater in the front on the floor?

Thanks

Good eye, yes, it is. This coach has been more prepared for cold than for heat! I "only" have 3 ceiling ACs (they worked great by the way) but have like 7 pieces of equipment to generate heat!

2 in the bedroom, electric ones.
1 electric in the front, the one you just saw.
3 propane furnaces, one under the dinette, one under the sofa
1 In the closet section.

(not to mention the one in the basement for the water pipes, fuel, etc.)

I think I really need to go to a place where is REALLY cold so I can appreciate that much equipment for really cold climates!

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Floor looks great.

When you get ready to rewallpaper, you will find that if you paper with wallpaper liner first, then the wallpaper, that it will cover many of the imperfections in the plywood wall.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(11-07-2017, 08:55 AM)Richard Wrote:  Floor looks great.

When you get ready to rewallpaper, you will find that if you paper with wallpaper liner first, then the wallpaper, that it will cover many of the imperfections in the plywood wall.

Thank you!

That is a good idea, thanks!!

There are minor imperfections (from the photos looks much worst than what really is) is mostly holes and the previous glue that we need to light sand.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Looks great! You should add the pictures to your gallery too.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

(11-07-2017, 08:45 AM)Floridian Wrote:  
(11-07-2017, 08:36 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Excellent !! Thanks for sharing pics. Is that an electric heater in the front on the floor?

Thanks

Good eye, yes, it is. This coach has been more prepared for cold than for heat! I "only" have 3 ceiling ACs (they worked great by the way) but have like 7 pieces of equipment to generate heat!

1 In the closet section.

I think I really need to go to a place where is REALLY cold so I can appreciate that much equipment for really cold climates!

Does yours also have a heater core under the bed to keep things toasty while underway ?

As for the baseboard heat in the bedroom, those will definitely chase the cold away - I don't think you need to close the windows if those are on !

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

(11-07-2017, 03:18 PM)MrE Wrote:  Looks great! You should add the pictures to your gallery too.

Thank you! That is a good idea, I'll add them as soon as we are done. Yesterday we finished the bathroom and dinette area, we are working on the front seats section and we are going to close that area and we will be done with the flooring!

(11-07-2017, 05:42 PM)kyleb Wrote:  
(11-07-2017, 08:45 AM)Floridian Wrote:  

Thanks

1 In the closet section.

Does yours also have a heater core under the bed to keep things toasty while underway ?

As for the baseboard heat in the bedroom, those will definitely chase the cold away - I don't think you need to close the windows if those are on !

Yes it does, I've found it in the worst way, heard a hissing noise when I was bring in her back home and thought that it was a air leak somewhere in the back of the coach until I get to the bed and hear the fan running Smile so is 8 heating units in the coach!

The ones in the bedroom, the electric ones, look that they will really do their job!

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

my 38' 90 i had was the same way.

had electric heaters in the bedroom, bathroom and under a couch. (had to replace them btw, there was a recall on them for fire hazard)

i had 3, yes, three propane furnaces. one in the bedroom, one under the couch and one under the dinette

and the rooftop airs were heat pumps

and the coolant based fans in the bedroom and one up front.

and when i got it it only had 2 roof top airs. i added a third. i live where it gets 120 degrees

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

you could cook a cake by just setting it on the counter....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH