You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter Charger

Our Freedom 458-25 will not charge any more and we are looking to get a new one.

We are interested in the Freedom SW3012.

Has anyone switched out to one of these. The unit looks like about the same size so it should be easy to mount and hook up. Can you use the old Link 2000 control panel with it or do you have to use the new Xanbus System Control Panel? If you have to change out, are they the same size to fit in the same spot as the Link 2000?

Any tips would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any tips about why our Freedom 458-25 stopped charging would also be appreciated. We did a hard reset on it like the factory technician told us to do by disconnecting all 12 and 110 volt power for 30 minutes. It didn't get it the charger to work. The unit still inverts power however and there is 110 volt pass through when connected to shore power.

Thanks!!

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465
Spending summers in Central Wisconsin and winters in Mesa, AZ.

Rick,

Give these guys a call and see what they have to say.

Inverter Service CEnter
Jordan Hall 615-285-0611
102 SCT Drive White House, TN 37188

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I have that inverter swapped mine last summer. You can use the old “telephone wire” but there is an adapter that plugs in on each end it s like 25$.. been pretty happy with it. I just have some battery issues I need to work out

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701