You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dump valves

Bill,
What I meant was that there was no signs that the valve had had any attention in 10 years and was badly disfigured and leaking. On the other valves there was grease & silicone visible that made me think they had been dealt with even though the seals were ready for replacement. On my valve housings there is a sticker saying that the seal needs to be lubricated. I'm going to take mine apart after 3 years service(1 more year) and evaluate how much maintenance is needed. So far none are leaking. The one I use regularly is the one by the dump exit. It is not leaking so I'm figuring it is ok for another year.

Redoing dump valves is not on Newell's regular maintenance list. There are two screws on the top of the valves. With the black tank empty, drain the air from the system, remove the air lines, remove the two screws, and pull straight up. If the seal is "ruffled" it needs to be replaced. If this is an air valve, put a little air tool oil in the air inlets before you rehook up the air lines to lubricate the air cylinder. Checking the seal is a 15 minute job. If you are like me and only use the air valve closest to the sewer exit, I would only deal with that valve. Since physically inspecting the seal is the only way to see if it needs maintenance you may not like what I am telling you. This is one of those things that I don't think get better with use. I don't think just operating the valve will help the seal although it would probably be good to cycle the air cylinder to keep it from sticking. Newell will do this maintenance for you if you request it. Feel free to call me if you need any additional info.

Don't forget that you can always come by the farm and we'll get her done.

Hope I answered your question.............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Dump valves - by rheavn - 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: Dump valves - by encantotom - 12-19-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: Dump valves - by Chester Stone - 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
RE: Dump valves - by rheavn - 12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
RE: Dump valves - by encantotom - 12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Dump valves - by bikestuff - 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
RE: Dump valves - by rheavn - 12-20-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Dump valves - by Chester Stone - 12-21-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Dump valves - by folivier - 10-28-2013, 02:53 PM