You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Motorcycle Lift

Dario,

The lift will come off easily (With a forklift to hold the weight)..but there are two brackets welded to frame. Not so easy to remove and keep. A call to hydralift would tell you if its easy to buy new brackets.
The new model that was put on after the incident has a two piece ramp rather than the old one piece ramp but other than that...its pretty much the same as the old one.

Thanks for the compliment on the bike...I just replaced that one with a 2018 version. The new one has a digital dash display which is HUGE improvement over the old gauges that I could not read from a normal sitting (or standing) position on the bike. You were correct about not touching the bike during “the incident”. I could not believe that the entire lift was broken without even scratching the bike. The lightpost was in exactly the right place.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

bill.....standing position? you are one of those guys?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Just added a Hydralift to my 2004 coach.  Was pretty easy one day project.  Hardest part was cutting the notches out of the lower part of the engine door but after a few geometric calculations and aligning the angle of closure, I used my saber saw and managed to cut just once and now I have two pieces that could easily be glassed back in if I were to take the lift off the back.

Was able to just bolt the lift to the existing frame mounts for the 20,000 lb trailer hitch that was bolted up to the frame that I removed and used the same bolt holes to mount the hydralift.  No welding required

Dallas and Janet
2004 #696
1958 351 Peterbilt rat rod
1985 359 Peterbilt
60 offshore defever

nice work looks great

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That lift is very cool and I like the way it folds up closer to the coach. My old lift (overbilt) used a starter motor to lift and I remember several times having to whack it with a hammer (or pray) in order to get it to lift the bike... I had it rebuilt and it solved the issue... I like the hydraulic idea though. Now all I need is a BIKE! I miss my KTM 950 adventure!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Great installation job Dallas.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(09-17-2018, 10:35 PM)Dallas2254 Wrote:  Just added a Hydralift to my 2004 coach.  Was pretty easy one day project.  Hardest part was cutting the notches out of the lower part of the engine door but after a few geometric calculations and aligning the angle of closure, I used my saber saw and managed to cut just once and now I have two pieces that could easily be glassed back in if I were to take the lift off the back.

Was able to just bolt the lift to the existing frame mounts for the 20,000 lb trailer hitch that was bolted up to the frame that I removed and used the same bolt holes to mount the hydralift.  No welding required

Great looking installation. Can you still open the rear cover with the lift in place?

Dario

With mine, I have to lower the lift (with bike still on) to allow the door to swing open. Also, because of where the controller plugs in....I have to lower the lift, then remove controller, then open door.

I really like how Dallas cut the slots. Mine has an entire piece of fiberglass removed. His install is much neater.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hydralift's are the Bomb Diggity. A friend of mine had one installed on his Monaco Signature.

Life is what you make it.

(09-19-2018, 05:25 AM)Deper10 Wrote:  
(09-17-2018, 10:35 PM)Dallas2254 Wrote:  Just added a Hydralift to my 2004 coach.  Was pretty easy one day project.  Hardest part was cutting the notches out of the lower part of the engine door but after a few geometric calculations and aligning the angle of closure, I used my saber saw and managed to cut just once and now I have two pieces that could easily be glassed back in if I were to take the lift off the back.

Great looking installation. Can you still open the rear cover with the lift in place?

Dario

Yes,  I can open the engine cover with the motorcycle on it but lowered to the ground

Dallas

Dallas and Janet
2004 #696
1958 351 Peterbilt rat rod
1985 359 Peterbilt
60 offshore defever