You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1990 Newell Coach 236 for Sale 38'

Since I bought my 2002 I have been keeping my precious 1990 in storage.

I have been so busy getting the 2002 fixed up I have not gotten the 1990 ready for sale.

I will add more later, but I have redone, or replaced a ton of things including a complete interior restoration. HDTV's, new coach systems, and been through i think every system in the coach. many of the people on the forum have been inside it and know what i have done. there are pictures and an exhaustive journey of what i did to her at the newellclassic forum. if you look in the gallery there (i will post them on this gallery as well) you can see the pictures.

currently all is well with it other than it needs a good exterior polishing and she will shine like new. i will add more as to what has been done as i get time.

the Price is fair and if you contact me i can tell you more.

yea, i know, i am not much of a salesman.

but if you see her, you will fall in love. Drives and rides like a big caddy and is much more nimble than my 45' tag 2002. the 90 is a single rear axle.

tom in mesa, az

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

if you click on the gallery below my username, there is a gallery album for my 1990.

thanks

tom

(07-30-2012, 04:43 PM)encantotom Wrote:  the Price is fair and if you contact me i can tell you more.

tom in mesa, az

Tom - just my opinion - I lose interest quickly in ads that don't have a price. JWID - Stick

Stick Miller
Americus, Georgia

(08-03-2012, 06:20 PM)stickmiller Wrote:  
(07-30-2012, 04:43 PM)encantotom Wrote:  the Price is fair and if you contact me i can tell you more.

tom in mesa, az

Tom - just my opinion - I lose interest quickly in ads that don't have a price. JWID - Stick

Tom, I'm with Stick. I'm new to this forum, and we're looking for a quality coach for full-time use. Unfortunately we're not wealthy, so if a price isn't readily available I'm likely to pass on the coach. I have the feeling that your coach is out of our price range, but maybe not.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Send Tom a personal message, and he will tell you what he is asking. It is very reasonable. Will take less time that the four sentences you just wrote....Big Grin

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Howdy. I sent you a email. Love to talk to you about my newell or to help you in your search in general. Tom

More details about our coach. will list it online soon. darlene and i went over to the storage place and ran the genny and engine for a while today.

For sale is our 1990 38' Newell Coach, #236. We have owned it for a little over 5 years and have done major reconditioning and updating.
It is a strong running Detroit Diesel 8V92 Turbo with DDEC 2 and workhorse Allison 740 4 speed transmission.

311 gallon diesel fuel tank and 50 gallon propane tank give you a huge range without refilling.

I am only selling it because we bought a newer Newell. We had planned on keeping this one forever.

This is a coach with no tag axle and is like driving a sporty luxury car. No expense was spared at keeping this thing up to high standards.
The layout is very family friendly with opposing couches that both make into beds in the front, with a full Queen sized bed in the bedroom.
Cabinets are everywhere with tons of storage inside and in the bays.
Interior colors are a soothing aquamarine blue carpet and white upholstery on the opposing couches and dinette. Flexsteel sea foam green Ultraleather recently new oversized Driver and Passenger seats that are awesome. Exterior colors are burgundy and silver.

At 38' you are able to get into spots larger coaches struggle with like many of the state parks. Since it has roof airs, there is tons of bay storage
space.

The coach has 139,801 miles on it and runs and drives like a dream. For a Detroit Diesel, this engine is just getting broke in.

Items that have been replaced since I owned this coach are extensive. (in the last 5 years)

Features:

Mechanical

-12.5 Kohler diesel generator with 1941 hours.
-New Starter on 8V92
-Rebuilt alternator on 8V92
-New belts and hoses
-New Thermostats
-Insulation in Engine Compartment
-New Rariton 20 gallon hot water heater that is both electric and heat exchanger off of the engine coolant. (heats your water while driving).
I installed a tempering valve so you can adjust the hot water temperature easily.
-New Gast 110v air compressor
-New 12v vacuum pump
-New Surflo extreme high flow water pump for coach water
-bay by mid door is wired for tv with cable/Ant and power from inverter
-Generator radiator rebuilt, serviced regularly
-New Generator Blower
-New relays in transfer switch
-Installed Pyrometer to monitor exhaust gas temps
-Interstate AGM 8D batteries on coach side (2)
-Interstate 8D wet cell on engine side (2)
-Trik-L-Charge installed to help keep engine batteries charged
-Powerpulse battery de-sulfiders installed on each battery bank
-Air leveling system

Interior

-New dual pane windows from Peninsula Glass. (~$4k)
-Soundproof membrane installed under new carpet and new designer Granite floors.
-New Cellular blinds all around, room darkening ones in bedroom.
-Recovered all window valances with white marine grade vinyl
-New Curtains
-New Electric Heaters inside and in Bay all with new thermostats
-Rebuilt Propane furnaces with Dinosaur boards.
-New wallpaper in Bathroom and Interior textured and repainted with a durable faux finish
-LED lights everywhere that look awesome and take wayyy less power
-New 10 cubic foot Whirlpool household refrigerator
-Rebuilt Xantrex Freedom 458 2kw inverter
-Dynaudio speakers front and rear for New Clarion Car Stereos
-Cambridge Soundworks surround sound speakers up front with Blaupunkt Sub and Onkyo Surround Sound Reciever
-Opposing front couches, Dinette all recovered in faux white leather
-New RF remote controlled Fantastic Fan
-2 of 3 roof air conditioners are new in the 5 years I have had it and other was replaced right before I bought it.
-New Garbage disposal
-New Voyager High End color rear and side cameras along with new LCD monitor to view all cameras. Easy to see who is next to or behind you
-Motosat In-Motion Satellite dish
-New towel bars in bathroom
-Sharp combination microwave/convection oven
-Insta-Hot hot water tap
-DVD player front and bedroom
-Built-in NuTone Food Center with Blender attachment
-White corian table, end tables and vanity countertops throughout with black center trim
-New U-Line stand alone icemaker
-Electric windshield visors driver and passenger side
-Interior Sunshades for Windshields
-Original 2 burner propane Gaggenau cook top, looks like new
-Dinette seats 4 people
-Shower with stainless floorpan
-3 sunroofs for plenty of outside light and ventilation

the price is $50k on my 90. it will be a sweet ride for someone

tom

If I was looking for a "turn the key & go" coach this would be the coach I'd buy. No way can you buy a fixer upper and bring it up to this level for less money. The interior looks new and all the important drivetrain and house components have been fixed or improved.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

sent a PM a few days ago, but guess you didn't get it. Just wondering if you have pics of bedroom areas and more of bays, engine, etc.
Thanks..Tim

Eagle 07
Cawston, BC, Canada