You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prosine 3.0 issues

My Prosine 3.0 inverter/charger is showing a fault code of 195. The manual says it’s an internal issue and to check with Prosine. Everything I’ve read online says there is no support for this inverter and they are virtually nonrepairable. Is this true and correct? I am pretty good at replacing parts, but I am not an electrician by any means. Should I just bite the bullet and replace this ProCyte 3.0? If so, what brand would you recommend? 

Bryan

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

As a last resort, I would completely unhook it from power & batteries for 5 - 10 mins. Then reconnect & see if it works. My Xantrex charger needs this every once in a while when it has an issue with in-coming voltage. It flashes error & won't re-set unless it gets complete disconnect. My brother in-law just had a failure on his 3K watt inverter in Quartzsite last week. He had bought it with 1 year warranty at the Quartzite show last year. He unhooked it took it to the "big tent" and asked if they could fix it. They told him " no it is perfectly fine, nothing wrong with it." Turns out his solar array was putting in 16v and it caused an over voltage fault.

hi,

i have the prosine 3.0 as well. you should do what was first siad. completely disconnect the power from it. both power and ground. you cannot just turn the switch off at the battery. the inverter is still connected with the switch off

that has reset several issues i have had.

you are correct that no one will not work on it. that said, i have taken mine apart and done some repairs. it is not for the faint hearted. mine was overheating and i saw the 3 internal fans were all not working. i replaced them (about ten bucks apiece) and all was well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank you guys for your advice, I will let you know.  Fingers crossed!  Smile

Bryan
Ionia, MI

Well, the complete disconnect/shut down did not work. So I now have the prosine on my workbench ready to tear apart. Wish me luck!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI

take lots of pictures. it is a convoluted mess like a jig saw puzzle and rubics cube to get apart and back together

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Well, I got it opened up. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. And at first glance things looked pretty good. (See first picture below).  Then I started nosing around a little deeper, (see second picture below) and I found some burn marks. My guess is that could be my problem. And now I am shopping for a new inverter.  ?

Bryan
Ionia, MI

The Prosine was the step child of Xantrex. They send them back to China in contain loads, Xantrex would not repair them. They are not modular and when something happens on the main board, the whole thing has to be replaced. Nobody repairs them. Some had some minor relay issues fixed by changing out the relay but most had AC board part fried.

I went the Magnum MS2812 route.
Chris at Tekris had last week a MS2812 Factory refurb with new boards and firmware, 1 year warranty for around $1100
I can give you his info if you like.

MG

Like many of you, I went with a Magnum MS2812. Being a non-electrician with just enough electrical knowledge to be scary, I took it slow and actually read all the directions. I also called on a couple friends for a word or two of advice (thank you Richard).  The install of us finished and it’s working well. WooHoo!!!

Bryan

Bryan
Ionia, MI

Bryan,

Good Job!!! When I got my Magnum, I did not realize that it was so easy to turn off the charger and inverter on that unit. Pay attention to the Green CHG and INV LEDs. Mine is 4 years old and never a problem.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama