You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to site

Our current Newell is at 225K and counting. We finished a 10k trip in 2017, and in the process of planning a longer one for 2018. The mechanicals don't worry me at all.

I think perhaps the question could be, what should I look for in a ten year old coach that is somewhat unique to Newell?

Don't take my list as inclusive, and I am sure others will chime in.

As with any coach, look for signs of water intrusion.
At ten years, you may want to think about replacing the airbags. They usually go longer, but you asked.
Newells seem to go through a lot of radiators. Don't know if it's the coach design or the manufacturer.
Take a look at the condition of the pneumatic slide seals. Most Prevosts have them too. But at ten years they may show signs of UV degradation.
The appliances such as refrig, TVs, water pumps, and what not are nearing their life expectancy. But this is not unique to Newell or Prevost.
Since Newell is primarily an aluminum skin, there can be small places where surface corrosion has caused the paint to blister.
Some Newells of the era you are interested in had a problem with the frameless windows fogging.

You are a coach owner, and of a fine machine at that. The question was a good one to pose on the Newell forum, but honestly I don't know of Newell specific issues other than the aluminum skin. All of the other issues could be applied to any coach of the era and age.

I agree with Jon. Mileage is not a concern, maybe more is better. I truly believe low mileage is not a good thing. I also believe the worst thing is if the coach has been sitting for an extended period.

You may find in your search that the Newells may require less extensive updating than a Prevost of the same era simply because the contemporary styling that Newell typically uses tends to age a little better and is easily freshened with new fabrics and colors. But's that is my opinion.

Since you have a nice coach, you know what floorplan and features you are looking for. As others have said, look, drive, and inspect. Enjoy the hunt.

I would suggest that a trip to the Newell factory in Miami, OK is well worth the investment to meet the service staff and look at the used coaches on the site.

Tell us a little more about yourself. Background? Mechanical and electrical inclinations? What are you expecting from a Newell or Prevost that your CC doesn't provide.

And please consider dropping by the No Rally Rally in Bella Terra. You'll meet some really nice folks, although most of the coaches in attendance will be older than the range you indicated. It will give you a chance to see how they hold up to time.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
New to site - by Highway714 - 02-11-2018, 09:33 PM
RE: New to site - by Fulltiming - 02-11-2018, 10:58 PM
RE: New to site - by Highway714 - 02-12-2018, 10:20 AM
RE: New to site - by Richard - 02-12-2018, 04:50 AM
RE: New to site - by ccjohnson - 02-12-2018, 07:15 AM
RE: New to site - by encantotom - 02-12-2018, 08:36 AM
RE: New to site - by 77newell - 02-12-2018, 08:59 AM