You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'89 for $35,000

David Lininger, kb0zke

Here's one.....................................

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail5014717.htm

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(12-22-2012, 07:00 PM)rheavn Wrote:  David Lininger, kb0zke

Here's one.....................................

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail5014717.htm

Thanks. Looks like something we might be interested in when the mpg sells.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

I looked at the ad again, and it says two slides-outs. That can't be right, can it? The pictures don't look like there are any slides. Maybe they mean Joey beds?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Another question: it looks like the center windshield glass is not covered by the wipers. Wouldn't that be a bit dangerous?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

David,
The slide outs the ad refers to would be Joey bed style compartment slide outs. I'm not familiar with this vintage coach so some one else will have to answer your windshield question.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(12-22-2012, 07:24 PM)kb0zke Wrote:  I looked at the ad again, and it says two slides-outs. That can't be right, can it? The pictures don't look like there are any slides. Maybe they mean Joey beds?
I owned this coach for4 years and sold it in2005 after I bought my 96. It has noslides I am sure. It was a good coach back then. I did a lot of work fixing up. The coach was in the pictures on the other Newell site. I even have
Pictures i can post on what it look like in 2005.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Thanks, Ron. At this point we can't buy anything, but the coach does look interesting.

It looks to me like the wipers don't cover the center windshield glass. Does that make for a big blind spot?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

[quote='kb0zke' pid='3042' dateline='1356233519']
Thanks, Ron. At this point we can't buy anything, but the coach does look interesting.

It looks to me like the wipers don't cover the center windshield glass. Does that make for a big blind spot?

Newell used the 6" center glass for the wide bodies and I never really thought it created any problem. I have many pictures I can email I think if you want. They have change some things since I own. I really don't know what mileage was when I sold. You can compare the pictures now to what it was. Engine and tran were good and i really made a lot of updates 03 & 4. Everything work when I sold.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

My 1987 Newell had the 6" windshield in the center. I just used RainX on it; no big deal.

The reason for the 6" windshield in the middle was that the coach was 102" wide. The 96" width coaches had 2 windshields only.

So when you see a Newell with the 6" windshield in the middle you know its a 102" width!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I remember seeing this coach for sale last summer when we were looking. There has been one for sale for unite a while in sgt. Bluff, IA. I think it was maybe $40k and looked pretty nice from what I could see. One thing I have learned the hard way is that if I ever buy a used coach again i will have the fluids tested. I am now reasonably sure if I had one that there would have been evidence of potential engine issues and I could have saved myself way too much anguish and about $25k for a complete rebuild.

Course if I could go back in time I would just use all of that money to buy Tom's sweet 96 and get his wife a little freed up cash! I hear she wants another boat maybe.

I was wrong. They want $57k. Think it's been for sale a while now.

http://www.nationalmultilist.com/listing..._id=138176

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota