You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear suspension

Sure.

The drive axle is attached to the frame via two arms on each side. The move up and down in a parallelogram fashion so the axle stays straight as it moves up and down. Those arms are known as radius arms. The bolts that hold those arms to the chassis are eccentric. Meaning that as you turn them they are out of round, intentionally. The bolt head has a triangle on it to mark the high spot of the eccentric or cam. You can turn those and change the alignment of the axle to the chassis. That alignment is called the thrust angle.

If you look at those bolt heads, they will have a half moon shaped piece of steel tack welded to the frame to keep the bolt head from moving once the axle is aligned. That half moon has to be cut away to make any adjustment.

However, I suspect you are taking your measurement from the fender well or fender flare. I would not trust anything but an alignment rack to tell me if the axle were out of true. Are the rear tires worn in an uneven pattern? Does the coach pull drastically to one side when on the highway? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. You will want to have the coach aligned when you put new shoes on it anyway.

I also think you may have some garbled info. 469 will most likely have a rockwell rear axle and a dana front end

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Rear suspension - by Joe Galowitch - 02-28-2018, 04:13 PM
RE: Rear suspension - by Richard - 02-28-2018, 05:59 PM
RE: Rear suspension - by Joe Galowitch - 03-01-2018, 08:56 AM
RE: Rear suspension - by ccjohnson - 03-01-2018, 10:42 AM
RE: Rear suspension - by bikestuff - 03-01-2018, 11:15 AM
RE: Rear suspension - by Richard - 03-01-2018, 12:27 PM
RE: Rear suspension - by Joe Galowitch - 03-18-2018, 09:58 PM