You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear heater fan

This morning my fan that heats the rear of the coach made a screeching sound and stopped running. May need oiling or even replacement, but dose anyone know how to access this fan?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester:
I have a rear walk-in closet and my rear heat exchanger is under the false floor in the bedroom vanity.
There are at least two kinds of blowers.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Thanks Steve, it looks like the vanity has a false floor in the space below the sink. However, the thing quieted down last night. Most likely it has not been run in a few years and needed exercise.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

chester are you talking about me or your heater? "most likely has not been run in a few years and needed exercise."

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I haven't run in quite a few years. "Exercise" is a bad word when applied to me. On the other hand, I do like to exercise my stuff regularly. I also like to exercise plates, knives, forks, and spoons frequently. My wife's investment (nearly 30 years ago) has shown great increase - from side to side.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

You guys are just TOO much.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

ok, i was reading about how your various fan motors are making lots of noise or not working and how quiet mine all were. so this morning i went out and fired up the aquahot and let the coach heat up for the morning. the bathroom aquahot fan motor was just a whining....

at least it is an easy one to get at i think and hopefully you guys have found all the cheap sources for me....

tom

Most of these fans are "muffin fans" (the type used to cool electronics) and can be lubricated but you must remove covers and in some cases floor plates (like the bottom of a cabinet). They are meant to be lifetime lubricated but like us, lifetime lubrication some time wears out early (like about 55 or so). Some are squirrel cage design and somewhat harder to get to.
It is a wise idea to inspect and clean the coils at the same time as dust build up inhibits heating efficiency.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

the one that is making noise on mine is under the sink in the mid bath so it should be easy to get at.

tom

Tom, I'm betting it is one of the muffins style fans. The bearings are covered by the propeller blades and I'm not sure how to gain access. You might try pulling the propeller off as it is pressed on to the shaft but it may ruin the whole fan! These fans are not expensive and Newark Electronics http://www.newark.com/ has a large selection, the trouble is selecting the CFM!!
Hope this helps.
Gordon

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567