You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lost Air Pressure

We are in Jackson California. As we're leaving the RV park I noticed I have low air pressure. Now the brakes seem to be set coach won't move. Does anyone know of any easy checks or fixes I should check as I wait for help? This is a 1974 Newell with the 1160 cat Allison Transmission.

Vince Wiggins
Keith Davis

1974 Newell Classic, 36', 1160 Cat
2003 Rubicon

either your engine compressor is not working or you have a massive leak

did it air up ok when you got ready to go?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Could be air governor

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

i sent an email with my phone number. feel free to call me

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Check your air dryer purge valve. Usually on the bottom of the air dryer.

When they fail, you won't be able to build any air pressure & you can't hear the leak due to the noise the engine is making.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Thanks Everyone. Good news is it ended well. We made it home.
I borrowed a small air compressor from Jackson Rancheria RV Park maintenance guys (this is one of the best small RV parks you will ever stay at in California, google it). As I aired up the coach I noticed air leaking fast from an unloader valve or governor (I don’t really know the terms) under the coach by the rear air tank. So with the coach supported I slid under the coach and tapped it with a hammer. It quit leaking, well almost quit. Anyway the compressor aired the coach up to 120 psi and then when I started the engine the coach’s compressor was able to maintain pressure between 90 – 120 psi all the way home. I will be taking it in to http://www.tabsupply.com/services later this week.
You were all great with your suggestions and offers of phone help. By the time I saw your replies I had already received a phone call from a friend in another RV group. He is the one who suggested I find a compressor and try to air the coach up.
What did we do before online forums?
Thanks to you all!

Vince Wiggins
Keith Davis

1974 Newell Classic, 36', 1160 Cat
2003 Rubicon

If the valve is attached to the bottom of the rear air tank it would be an automatic drain valve that dumps any liquid that collects in that tank.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed