You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Newell Coach Skin Rivet Inspection
I know this thread is old, but I'd like to lean on the experience here.  

The first image is a shot of my driver's side under the rear slide.  Does this look like the rivet issue to you all?

The second image is up front under the driver's window where the front cap meets the side.  In the storage bay underneath this seam I get water and there is some rust at the top of the bay just under this seam...looking for advice on fixing that seam too (2nd pic).

FWIW - I found the gasket for the side marker light was compromised and allowing water in.  It's a different place than the seam, but another thing for people to be aware of and inspect.

Thanks,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

David & Jodi
New to the Coach World and learning
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry
David, maybe on your first pic.

Please take a pic looking straight on at the eye level trim piece at the rear of the salon slide where it meets the coach. We need to see the vertical line of the opening at the rear of the slide.
Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )
Hi Richard - this is a few months late, but here it is:

It looks pretty clear to me that it is tighter at the top vs the bottom.
David & Jodi
New to the Coach World and learning
2004 Newell #695
Series 60
Quad slide front entry
where the rivet issue is most visible is where the trim piece is that goes across the coach and the slide.  on the coach side.  i attached a couple of pictures so you can see what i mean.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH