You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter powered receptacles

Our 1984 has a Xantrax 3000 watt inverter . It is "softwired" in to the system. In the past it has worked perfectly. It is Fed 12v from the coach batteries, and producing 120 volts on 2  receptacles on the face of the inverter. The receptacles have a 14 gauge portable cord plugged in to them going into the deep dark mystery area of the coach. I disconnected shore power and found that one of the circuits is not merging in to the coach system. It is the inverter powered items on the drivers side. The passenger side is working fine,  and both receptacles on the inverter are producing 120 volts 15 amps.I am not clear on how these two circuits are merged with the coach. Is there a protection device i have missed?  My redneck solution is to gorilla tape portable cord down the sides of the coach, and then in the windows with the blinds flapping in the wind. Might as well give some rv parks a legitimate reason to refuse this classic . (Just kidding. )

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59