You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Low Pressure light on

Need some help,

I went during the weekend to start the coach as I always do and this time the Low Air light stayed on after starting it, I thought it might be that needed to build pressure but after the needles reach normal pressure the light stayed on anyway, I even left the generator and the engine running for almost 45 minutes and nothing changed. I stopped both engines and started looking for air leaks but can't hear anything, I also know that I might have an air leak and might not hear it easily so wondering if I should keep looking or if this could be a sensor that is failing as I don't seem to have major issues with air pressure (after I turned the engines off and for 30 minutes didn't have a loss of pressure).

Any help will be appreciated.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

You probably have a bad low pressure sensor which is located ahead of the rear axle on the brake air line as I recall. Since your gauges show you have good air pressure, just disregard the light until you can replace the sensor.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I'll take a look at that sensor and replace it, just in case. Thank you!

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

I totally agree with @Fulltiming. If it distracts you while driving, put a piece of black electrical tape over it until you're able to resolve the issue.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

When the low pressure sensor died on my '87, it was leaking pretty bad, so I had no choice but to replace the darn thing before my next trip.

It was mounted to the top of the wet tank above the rear axles, pointed towards the engine. Major pain to replace. If it had been pointed towards the front, it would have been easy to replace . . . . .

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

I did went under the coach yesterday but I have no clue what I'm looking for exactly, I did a search on the web for low pressure air sensor and if that is what I'm looking for It'll take me a few days just to find it!

Thank you for your comments guys

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

On my 93 coach, the pipe complex ahead of the rear axle and up between the frame rails has a horizontal pipe that is connected via a couple 90's to the service tank, the pressure switch you are looking for will be the only thing in that area with a wire attached to it, all the other stuff is plumbing type items.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

This looks like the one I replaced on mine -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bendix-228750-L...1825705253

Ebay # 181825705253

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Don't remember seeing cables but it must been the dirt, but that is a good idea, look for cables, everything else should be pipes and also having an idea on how the sensor looks might help even more, thank so much to both of you!

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

The wire you are looking for is small gauge, just enough to ground the indicator light on the dash

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed