You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Help me with your experience camping in your rig.

(06-03-2018, 09:13 AM)folivier Wrote:  How many will be in the coach camping?
Our story:  started with a 39' Newell, sold the house and went full-time in a 45' 2 slide Newell.  Sold it and bought another house.  Bought a 26' Lazydaze, sold it a year later and now have a 36' no slide Foretravel.  IMO, even though I really like Newells, I feel the Foretravel is a better size for the travels we're doing now and is better setup for dry camping with a propane stove, fridge, and aquahot.  Even tough there are numerous places the 45' fit, there are even more places we plan to take the 36'.
BTW Glenn is an excellent teacher who taught my wife to drive our 45'er.  Just don't plan to ride along with them while he's teaching your wife.

HA!  I agree on the "Don't be in the coach while she's learning."  We used to be pretty addicted to sailing.  We hired a very good captain to come on board to teach my wife how to handle emergency situations that could arise.  During one particular drill we had to make a series of very radical turns.  I asked a buddy that was with us to be the one calling instructions to her while she manned the till, and I'd work the sheets and lines up front.  Afterwards as she was wiping the tears from her face from all the stress he whispered, "She wouldn't hit me, but I think she'd have KO'd you if you'd been back there."  We now all laugh about it.  But the point stood.  Spouses, for reasons unknown, can add stress to situations even when we're "helping". 

As far as the numbers go, that'll vary drastically.  We're positively going to put whatever we buy on the ferry and take 3 months going up the Alaskan coastline.  During that trip several couples, and probably our kids will drop in and out.  Mostly it'll be the two of us, but as many as 6 would not be uncommon.

Thanks for your reply.  Keep them coming!!

Messages In This Thread
Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by TexasBob - 06-03-2018, 08:13 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by folivier - 06-03-2018, 09:13 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by TexasBob - 06-03-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by zcasa - 06-03-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by valento - 06-03-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by wepaddle4 - 07-30-2018, 04:46 PM
RE: Help me with your experience camping in your rig. - by TexasBob - 07-30-2018, 06:01 PM