You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude

Tom,

When I looked at Richards compressor setup, it looks like the compressors are now controlled by the Valid system. I did not see the classic well pump switch.

My best guess is that the compressors may be showing some early signs of wear, and that the lower barometric pressure at altitude puts the upper cutoff pressure at the limit of their capability. Richard, if this were the case then the compressors would have gotten to some number below their upper set point and just held that pressure while they ran and ran. Is that what happened?

If it were an exacerbated air leak, then the compressors would have cycled more frequently, but would reach the cutoff point and stopped.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by rwatts7777 - 06-12-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by encantotom - 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by Richard - 06-13-2018, 06:30 AM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by encantotom - 06-13-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by Nebster - 06-15-2018, 10:39 PM