You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mine is a 1981 38' with 6V92TA and five-speed allison. It's not rough, but at 37 years old, it's no spring chicken either. I've grown quite fond of it over the years. Before this I had a '78 GMC Palm Beach, which I should have kept...my wife wasn't afraid to drive it and she loved to take trips in it. There was room for both; in fact, I had both for a couple of years before I foolishly sold the GMC. There was a Pace Arrow and a couple of class c's before that.

I've had my Newell for 11 years; it's a work in progress---doing a bit of a remodel at this time to reconfigure it for our full time final residence for my wife and I when I retire. Coincidentally, today is our 40th anniversary.

It was originally configured more as a party coach/family vacation type. I'm not making major changes really, but going all electric, with a full sized refrigerator, oven, drawer dishwasher, induction cooktop. Took out the couch that was behind the driver's chair and blocked and insulated that window; put a 55" plasma over it. Intend to build cabinetry around it and blend all that in with the galley...if I live long enough. It runs and drives great and I've taken it a few places, but these days it's mostly been my "man cave."

--Travis

Welcome , Travis! That sounds like a great project! A couple of my friends have the GMC's as well. I have always liked them....Way ahead of their time.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Sounds cool to me - man cave newell I love it

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Sounds great Travis. Happy 40th anniversary.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com